Crystal clear legal advice
What is involved?
When it comes to contracts, you want a legal service that is responsive and helps drive your business forward. Getting the small print right will save you time, reduce costs and avoid disputes. This is where our experienced team of lawyers can help.
We are used to advising on all forms of commercial contracts in a range of sectors, from highly complex outsourcing, I.T. and logistics contracts, to drafting standard terms and conditions focused on the risks and issues key to your industry, to providing training to empower your personnel and reduce legal spend. Whatever you need, our focus is to get the best deal for you.
We have extensive experience acting for clients from FTSE 100 companies to SMEs and start-up businesses and know the importance of getting it right the first time. We can help you with preparation and negotiation of all kinds of commercial agreements.
Why choose Freeths?
- We are renowned as “business people first and lawyers second” – we understand that contracts should be there to help your business, not slow you down
- We have a team of over 60 specialist lawyers, which ensures that we have a detailed knowledge of your sector and the commercial and regulatory pressures that shape it
- We work with you to understand your business and ensure we can add real value and be more than just legal advisers
- We avoid the costs of lengthy legal debates by avoiding overly drawn-out negotiations and concentrating on what is important to your business
- Our commercial clients include Aldi, Experian, National Express, Tarmac and Travis Perkins
By coupling an in-depth knowledge of your sector with outstanding legal expertise we can help you reach your objectives quickly and efficiently while adding value to your business. We always look to tailor our advice to your needs to provide the level of service and support you require at a price that is acceptable to you.
Our friendly and responsive lawyers offer a full spectrum of specialisms across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, retail, leisure and financial services.
As well as commercial agreements, our team’s expertise includes advising on the law relating to partnerships and limited liability partnerships (LLPs), the Modern Slavery Act 2015, the Bribery Act 2010, the Groceries Supply Code of Practice (GSCOP), Information Technology/cloud licensing, supply and procurement, Data Protection and the GDPR, franchising and providing company secretarial services such as company formations and annual compliance.
Commercial Contracts Lawyers
0845 030 5762
0845 030 5781
0845 030 5803
0845 166 6308
0845 271 6751
0845 030 5851
Managing Partner - London
0845 050 3203
Managing Partner - Nottingham & National Head of Commercial
0845 634 1725
0845 128 6969
0845 050 3616
0845 050 3280
0845 070 3810
0186 578 1082
0845 050 3617
0845 030 5734
0845 050 3684
0845 017 1122
0845 272 5715
0845 050 3664
0845 166 6261
0845 274 6900
0845 404 1727
0845 128 7975
Dr Michael Servian
0777 629 5001
0845 271 6740
0845 073 8554
0845 274 6820
0845 128 6952
0845 073 8583
Freeths Oxford expands commercial teamNews 5th Oct 2017
Freeths advise on acquisition by Travis Perkins of air conditioning distributorNews 9th May 2017
New loans for commercial property reach 8 year highNews 1st Jul 2016
“I am writing to you with the wonderful news that the contract has been approved and signed! Many thanks to you for all the assistance you have provided throughout this process. It’s been a long one but I am glad to say that we have all come out the other side!”
“Provides commercially minded, practical advice and understands our business aims.”
(Chambers & Partners)
"They have good technical ability and a very good commercial approach to their advice."
“Great efficiency and quick answers.”
(The Legal 500)
“Provides an ‘excellent, client-focused service’.”
“One of the most reactive and effective firms in the UK.”
(The Legal 500)
"He understands how businesses work and has the ability to explain complicated legal concepts in layman’s language.”
(Mike Kobuta, Finance Director, Eclipse Group of Companies )
"I have worked with Philippa and her team on numerous occasions covering commercial, trademark and business contracts all within the retail sector."
(Jo Newton former Managing Director of Lisa Stickley plc and owner of Newton Network)
“Nigel has been a most valued and trusted adviser through the growth of our business for over 15 years. We always get clear, practical assistance from Nigel whenever we need it and great overall support."
(Gino de Gol, Managing Director RoboCoaster Limited)
“Jason was immensely helpful in helping me deliver a really strong contract , manage the GPs, and he remained eternally patient.”
(Chris Botten, former Programme Director at NHS Surrey)
- Drafting and negotiating a suite of ten commercial agreements for the UK element of a multi-billion pound corporate divestment. This included agreements for the supply and purchase of raw materials and transitional service arrangements covering I.T., insurance and accounting services and international software licences.
- Commercial contracts to govern media and advertising services, including internet search optimisation services and social media.
- Advising a Building Society on a restructuring programme involving large scale redundancies and variation to terms and conditions of employment.
- Acted for Tarmac in advising on an NEC3 contract for major highways works in London in collaboration with Transport for London. This work involved due diligence on complex construction documentation and reporting on the client’s risk profile and suggesting commercial alternative drafting.
- Redrafting the standard terms and conditions of sale for a multi-billion pound supply company, then helping them to roll them out both to customers and to the front-line sales personnel. This included the provision of guidance notes and the completion of twelve separate training sessions around the country.
- Advising on a wide variety of contracts including, energy, IT, outsourcing, plant and materials, hire, PR, cleaning, stationery and office supplies, PR and Marketing, print and packaging, Apps, e-commerce, franchise, warehousing and logistics, waste management, gaming equipment and bet in play TV etc.
- Recent examples include acting on a multi-million pound haulage contract, supply agreements and agreements for the outsourcing of soft and hard services.
- Acting for a supply chain services company on the contracts for provision of warehouse and distribution services for a major fashion retailer and a leading cosmetics brand.
- Preparing the contract on behalf of a top six supermarket with a national parcels carrier for domestic business to consumer delivery and collection services within the UK, including support on negotiation and service level agreement issues.
- Advising airports on concessions, tenders, and commercial arrangements including contracts specific to airport operators.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014