Defending Personal Injury Claims
Getting the redress you deserve
What is involved?
Looking to defend a personal injury claim? We are trusted by major UK and global insurance companies, Lloyd’s of London syndicates, and large UK and international businesses. From ‘disaster’ cases to small road accidents, you can be confident that our experience of personal injury practice will help to meet your needs.
We have particular expertise in employer liability claims, including accidents at work or disease claims. We also specialise in public liability claims, motor claims, Health & Safety prosecutions, dispute resolution, fatal/catastrophic injuries, sports and leisure injuries, professional indemnity claims, stress at work claims, product liability claims and travel claims. Whatever the claim, we will defend it robustly and with urgency.
Why choose Freeths?
- We are positioned over a large geographical area, providing a great value alternative to London firms
- Enjoy client support services including legal surgeries, workshops, newsletters and legal updates
- Accredited by the Law Society as personal injury specialists and highly ranked by legal directories
- You can rely on us for in-depth knowledge, practical advice and cost-effective solutions to issues
Our aim is to understand your objectives in respect of a particular claim, so that we can recommend innovative, cost-effective strategies to meet your needs. We rank in the top tiers of Chambers and The Legal 500 directories, helped by the expertise of Paul Chadder – co-author of “Health & Safety at Work Essentials”.
We are dedicated to building a strong and successful partnership with you; going above simply handling your claim to improving understanding and efficiency on all sides. As well as various services, you can expect ‘pick our brain’ schemes and the freedom to ask for our views on an informal basis. We can act as a sounding board for you or provide you with a second opinion. Call us now to see how we can help you.
Construction Contract InsurancesArticles 28th Oct 2015
Employment Review: May 2015 – Managing stress in the workplace – when is an injury foreseeable?Articles 11th May 2015
A recipe for safety for food businessesArticles 26th Mar 2015
"A pragmatic and commercially aware lawyer who is also prepared to take a robust position."
"Attentive professionals who are easy to work with."
"The quality of their work is flawless."
"Sources consider the firm 'a force to be reckoned with' especially given its extensive motor industry knowledge."
"Paul Chadder at Freeths is organised, efficient, thorough and good with clients."
(The Legal 500)
"Thank you very much for being so persistent, thorough and competent on this case. You kept me regularly up to date and always provided clear and directive information. Hope you are also pleased with the outcome, we achieved a good result and it is great that it closes this way."
- Assisting on a complex multi party EL claim pleaded at over £1 million involving an alleged personality change following exposure to cement dust/welding fumes.
- Assisting on a complex EL claim pleaded at over £1 million involving an accident at an office party.
- Acting for the Second defendant in a jurisdictional dispute arising from an RTA in Australia involving the correct interpretation of Rome II. Flora Stylianou v (1) Masatomo Toyoshima (2) Suncorp Metway Insurance Ltd (2013) EWHC 2188 (QB).
- Achieved the successful strike out of a product liability claim and subsequent discontinuance on Appeal with costs summarily assessed in full.
- Advising on numerous employer’s liability and public liability claims, often resulting in such claims being discontinued or claims being settled economically and promptly with significant savings to both the clients and their Insurers.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014