Personal yet professional legal advice
Areas of Individuals
Private Client Law at Freeths
Trustworthy legal advice and a friendly, supportive lawyer can make all the difference to your personal life.
Freeths have a national reputation for their work in Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, and Family Law. We also offer innovative ideas for preserving wealth via property management and future planning. Our friendly lawyers will work with you to achieve a tailored solution. You can trust us to keep our costs practical too.
We’re not what you might expect
“Doing the right thing” is at the heart of Freeths. As well as being laid back and approachable – we have a strong set of values which guide the way we work. Our lawyers are committed to explaining everything clearly and keeping your costs down. If you have suffered an injury or need to get a divorce, we know the last place you want to be is in court. Where possible, we strive to use alternative dispute resolution.
We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Our flexible lawyers take the time to listen to your needs and concerns, establishing what is important to you. You can also choose the price plan that suits you best.
Why choose Freeths for your case?
- We are honest and upfront about our prices and can help you to choose a fixed payment plan
- At every stage you will be told what we are doing and why – in everyday jargon-free language
- Our dedicated Private Client teams are rated highly by legal guides and include leading experts
- You can trust us to be professional, sympathetic and supportive during stressful legal situations
- As well as legal services, we can offer you helpful extras like a home visits or free initial consultation
Freeths have 11 distinctive offices around the UK, and we strive to be readily available to you by phone.
An outstanding source of knowledge
By taking the time to understand your affairs, we use our in-depth knowledge and legal-services to provide bespoke advice. We provide insight and analysis throughout, gained from many years of proven experience.
If you would like a detailed information sheet about a particular subject, please get in touch and we can give you a copy.
For situations involving high net worth, our Platinum service encompasses specialists who regularly assist wealthy clients with complicated tax, wills and probate issues, as well as advising on any business interests and protection of reputation.
Don’t just take our word for it
“Freeths LLP is a ‘regional leader’, where the team demonstrates ‘consummate skill, client care and relentless attention to detail’, placing it ‘head and shoulders’ above competitors.” The Legal 500
“They take time to understand client requirements and have a very positive and helpful approach, supported by very high professional knowledge and standards.” Chambers & Partners
“Provides the quality of service that would be expected of a Magic Circle firm.” The Legal 500
“All the people concerned – from the reception desk upwards – I found to be approachable, helpful and cheerful. They made me feel at ease.” Chambers & Partners
“The ‘reliable and professional’ team at Freeths LLP provides an ‘exemplary standard’ of service.” The Legal 500
0845 077 9640
0186 578 1009
0845 050 3282
0186 578 1140
0186 578 1107
0845 404 1715
0845 274 6828
0186 578 1193
0845 128 6961
0186 578 1162
0845 274 6830
0845 272 5674
0186 578 1105
01865 781 054
0115 936 9385
0186 578 1021
0845 166 6258
0845 030 5819
0186 578 1218
0186 578 1014
Managing Partner - Oxford
0186 578 1055
0186 578 1010
0115 935 1860
0845 271 6793
0845 077 9602
0186 578 1061
0845 050 3296
0186 578 1170
0186 578 1093
0845 077 9601
Principal Litigation Manager
0845 050 3297
0845 050 3276
0845 274 6875
0186 578 1019
0845 030 5735
0845 077 9583
0845 128 6963
0186 578 1154
0115 901 5567
0845 274 6823
0845 274 6851
0845 077 9679
0845 404 1714
Partner & Head of Family & Platinum Client Services
0845 128 6960
0845 274 6887
0845 128 6968
0186 578 1133
0845 272 5677
0845 128 6962
0186 578 1057
0845 666 5000
01865 781 023
0845 030 5742
0845 274 6868
0845 128 6991
0186 578 1008
0845 271 6795
0845 050 3666
0845 128 6965
0845 634 2593
0845 404 4137
Freeths ride high in new High Net Worth rankingsNews 20th Sep 2017
Freeths contentious trusts and estates team shortlisted for prestigious awardNews 15th Jun 2017
Private Client Update: August 2015Articles 10th Aug 2015
- Claims arising from Mycobacterium chimera contamination of Sorin/Stockhert heater cooler units used in cardiac surgery where we are lead solicitors.
- Advising a client in the entertainment industry on the defence of a defamation and breach of privacy action in relation to publications made on Facebook.
- A lump sum of £1.2 million and annual payments for care for life, for a boy who was brain damaged and developed severe cerebral palsy as a result of delay in delivering him after he became distressed during his mother’s labour.
- Represented clients in claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 in estates, ranging from a modest value up to estates exceeding £25 million.
- A private mediation involving a high profile professional footballer where the couple wanted to reach an amicable settlement and keep everything out of the media and the public eye.
- Acting for individuals in a claim against their former solicitors arising from inadequate legal advice resulting in substantial loss.
- Represented family at inquest into death of patient CS sprayed and restrained by police in hospital and settled the civil claim.
- Acting for the parents of an infant who sustained severe injuries due to delayed treatment of meningitis. The claim settled for £6 million.
- Freeths represented a client in a claim arising from the delay in diagnosis and treatment of cauda equina syndrome at Northampton General Hospital. A settlement of £850,000.
- Advising a family in relation to challenges to Wills on grounds of lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence and want of knowledge and approval.
- Represented the family of a wife and mother who died as a result of incorrect treatment of cancer. Compensation of £400,000 was obtained.
- Obtaining an ex-parte interim injunction in the High Court for a client against a television personality for breach of privacy on social media (Facebook and Twitter) and in an online autobiography sold on the Amazon website.
- Represented three families of patients who became infected with prosthetic valve endocarditis during heart surgery at the Trent Cardiac centre at Nottingham City Hospital and settled the civil claim.
- Acted for a claimant who underwent an appendectomy operation leading to a perforation of his sigmoid colon with catastrophic consequences. The claim was settled for a sum in excess of £1 million.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014