Putting it right
What is involved?
An injury caused by medical or clinical negligence can have a serious impact on your life and the life of your family. The last thing you expect when visiting your hospital or health practice is to suffer an injury, misdiagnosis or mistake. If you are given negligent medical treatment by a doctor or health professional, you have the right to recompense.
Compensation could include replacing your lost earnings, or providing care or additional medical treatment. If the worst does happen, you’ll want to confide in an expert you can trust. You can rely on us to provide the support and advice you need at a very difficult time. We understand that every case is different and we have been successful in working with many clients in various circumstances to bring them the maximum compensation they deserve.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our experienced team have advised clients on clinical negligence claims for over 20 years and we have a national reputation and have many successful claims every year
- You will find our clinical negligence lawyers friendly, sympathetic and approachable
- You can choose the best way to fund your claim, including insurance, legal aid and conditional fee arrangements (“no win – no fee”)
- Our caring, considerate lawyers will listen to your needs and explain the process in plain English
Our specialists work exclusively in this field, having developed vast knowledge and experience in clinical negligence claims.
This means we can handle your claim in a sensitive manner, providing tailored legal advice to suit your specific needs. We will work tirelessly to provide you with the compensation you deserve to allow your life, and that of your family, to be as comfortable as possible.
Over the years we have dealt with a wide range of medical negligence claims specialising in birth injuries such as cerebral palsy, and in spinal or brain injuries, including cauda equina. Should you need assistance with inquests and claims, where someone has died as a result of substandard medical care, we can also help. Follow our Clinical Negligence blog here to find out more about us and the work we do.
- Lawyers accredited by the Law Society as clinical negligence specialists.
- Members of the Action against Medical Accidents Panel (AvMA)
- Members of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
Clinical Negligence Lawyers
0845 050 3289
0845 050 3282
0186 578 1140
0186 578 1193
0845 274 6830
0845 166 6258
0186 578 1010
0845 271 6793
0845 077 9602
0186 578 1093
0845 050 3276
0186 578 1019
Clinical Negligence Executive
0845 050 3290
0845 272 5677
0186 578 1103
0845 030 5742
0845 634 2593
Heater cooler victims to sue LivaNova over mycobacterium deathsNews 19th Feb 2018
Maternity mistakes: 276,000 incidents logged in two yearsArticles 21st Dec 2017
Freeths enjoy new entries and improved rankings in the Legal 500News 19th Oct 2017
"It is mindful of its duties to all parties in its approach to litigation and puts its client’s interests before its own costs. I believe that this is due to confident and highly competent input from senior lawyers across its cases so that there is a consistent quality of work."
(Chambers & Partners, 2018)
"Thank you so very much for all your hard work over the last 5 years. We are very grateful to you for all the effort you have put in to achieve the compensation we received."
"Freeths LLP is a 'regional leader', where the team demonstrates 'consummate skill, client care and relentless attention to detail', placing it 'head and shoulders' above competitors. With 'unrivalled' experience, Jane Williams is 'feared by opponents and loved by clients' in high-value surgical and birth claims, and the 'fantastic' Karen Reynolds specialises in obstetrics, gynaecology and severe birth injury cases and is praised as 'down to earth, highly intelligent and willing to goes the extra mile'."
(The Legal 500)
"I appreciate all of the fighting you have done for me and with the outcome we as a family can settle down and move on with our lives."
"They're the founding fathers of clinical negligence nationally."
"All the people concerned - from the reception desk upwards - I found to be approachable, helpful and cheerful. They made me feel at ease."
- Settlement of more than £5m on behalf of a 12 year old girl who suffered profound brain injuries due to lack of oxygen at birth. She was awarded a lump sum of compensation of £2.3 million, and then an annual sum of £120,000 up to age 19 and £175,500 thereafter for life to pay for costs of providing care.
- Compensation of £550,000 recovered for the family of a man who suffered a devastating stroke due to a basic nursing error, which occurred during the removal of a central line following an operation. The patient survived for 3 years but required round the clock care from his wife and a team of carers.
- Delay in diagnosing and managing anastomotic leak. This is after major bowel surgery. The client developed necrotizing fasciitis. Settled for £180,000.
- Delay in diagnosing and treating Cauda Equina Syndrome. Settled for £230,000.
- Failure to appropriately manage CSF leak after brain tumour surgery. Settled for £728,000.
- Claim involving a patient who went in for what should have been a straightforward operation to remove an ovarian cyst. The surgeon mistakenly removed both ovaries. As a result the patient was unable to have children. Compensation of £80,000 was recovered.
- Negligent Spinal Surgery: The negligent surgery resulted in damage to the Claimant’s L5 nerve and amputation of the affected leg. As a result the Claimant was confined to a wheelchair and has ongoing significant difficulties. The Claimant was unable to continue working as a result of the negligence and required adapted accommodation and care.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014