"Irvin and his staff have been great, from our first meeting, very helpful, nothing was ever too much trouble."
Irvin has over 20 years’ experience in dealing with severely injured claimants and catastrophic injuries involving amputation. Irvin deals with a wide variety of personal injury claims arising from occupier’s liability, employer’s liability and road traffic accidents. He has particular expertise in claims involving the Motor Insurer’s Bureau (MIB) and Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
Irvin’s claims range from claims worth a few thousand pounds to cases exceeding a million pounds. Irvin is experienced with claims arising from fatal accidents.
- Leonard Howard Chewings v (1) Joseph Toby Williams (2) Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University NHS Trust (2009).
- A passenger in a vehicle who sustained a below knee amputation. The claim settled for £900,000.
- An accident in an office where the claimant sustained a significant ankle injury. The claim settled for £261,000.
- An unskilled labourer who sustained a significant foot injury whilst working on a building site, resulting in the amputation of his big toe. The claim settled for £212,500.
- A Tin Smith who injured his dominant arm and shoulder in a road traffic accident. The claim settled for £200,000.
- A motorcyclist who sustained a fracture to his wrist and pelvis. The claim settled for £150,000.
- A company director who lost the sight in his left eye following a shooting accident. The claim settled for £100,000.
To contact Irvin or for more information…
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Oxford Medico-Legal Society (OMLS)
- Magistrates Association (Justice of the Peace)
“Irvin and his staff have been great, from our first meeting, very helpful, nothing was ever too much trouble.”
“Irvin Thobourne made us feel safe and we trusted him and his colleagues implicitly. We are very satisfied with the outcome.”
“Mr Thobourne was always very understanding, supportive and always very informative. He was always at the other end of the phone when I needed advice and gave an excellent service for Freeths.”
“I don’t feel that the service could be improved as the service that I received was first class and I would always recommend Mr Thobourne for legal advice to anyone needing it.”
“Senior associate Irvin Thobourne’s team at Freeths handles a range of claims including RTA and employers’ liability cases.”
“Just a small note to thank you very much for all your help and advice, it is much appreciated. You have been great.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014