"Robert Nieri is noted for his dispute resolution and commercial law expertise."
(The Legal 500, 2017)
A notable commercial lawyer, Robert has the benefit of over 20 years’ experience of advisory commercial work and dispute resolution. He actively manages legal risk for clients in order to provide them with timely and cost-effective solutions to help achieve their goals.
Robert is based at our Nottingham office and he joined Freeths in 2000. He has particular expertise in supporting charities and social enterprises.
- Positioning clients in entering/renewing/terminating contractual arrangements.
- Advising charity clients on governance and the resolution of internal disputes.
- Diffusing a number of disputes before escalating into full-blown litigation. In particular achieving a rapid, cost-effective and discreet negotiated settlement to a long-running business dispute in which court proceedings had been issued, through engagement with mediation, when a previous offer to mediate had been declined prior to his involvement.
- Delivery of numerous bespoke training sessions for management and operational staff to identify key legal risk in the conclusion of agreements, both on standard and negotiated terms.
- Facilitating co-operation and collaboration between various contacts and clients through informal brokered introductions and the arranging of formal “roundtable” events.
Robert’s specialist practice is supporting charities and social enterprises to achieve their goals with a focus on compliance, empowering their own people to identify, prioritise and manage their key legal risks.
- Due diligence and legal support on a charity merger in the care sector.
- Addressing and disposing of a complaint against national charity alleging failure to comply with its own policies.
- Governance advice to Royal Charter, incorporated and unincorporated charities.
- Establishing over 20 charitable incorporated organisations, both for start-up and existing unincorporated charities.
- Advising on terms of an innovative three-way commercial agreement between two corporate entities and a national charity.
- Governance and contract training to trustee boards and executive teams of various national charities.
- Liaising on a weekly basis with the Charity Commission in the creation of new corporate entities, in managing requests for various approvals and in the resolution of various regulatory issues.
- Charity Law Association
- Institute of Fundraising
- Law Society
“Robert’s responsive and thorough eye for detail has proved to be invaluable over the last 12 months. His knowledge of charitable law and regulation has ensured his advice and guidance has been detailed and relevant to work within the third sector.”
“Enormously helpful and knowledgeable.”(The Legal 500, 2017)
“Freeths act for a range of charities and non-profit organisations. Robert Nieri is noted for his dispute resolution and commercial law expertise.”(The Legal 500, 2016)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014