Passport delays due to 5-week strike action
Over 1,000 members of the Public and Commercial Services Union (PSC) working in Passport Offices across England, Scotland and Wales are to take 5 weeks’ strike action.
Members of the PCS working in Passport Offices in Durham, Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Newport, Peterborough and Southport will walk out and strike from 3 April to 5 May.
The PSC has announced that it is “likely to have a significant impact on the delivery of passports as the summer approaches.”
If your passport is due to expire soon and you are planning to travel over the coming months, you should apply using the Online Premium Service:
- This service costs £193.50 (or £204.50 for a 50 page frequent traveller passport).
- This service is only available to adults renewing passports issued after 31 December 2001.
Alternatively, eligible applicants should utilise the 1-week Fast Track service:
- This service costs £155 for an adult passport (or £166 for a 50 page frequent traveller passport)
- This service costs £126 for a child passport (or £137 for a 50 page frequent traveller passport)
This service is available for the following applicants:
- renew an adult or child passport that has expired or that is about to expire
- change personal details on your passport (for example your name, place of birth or gender)
- replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- apply for a first child passport
If you wish for further information or wish to discuss how you can protect your business, please contact a member of our Immigration Team who will be happy to assist.
The content of this page is a summary of the law in force at the date of publication and is not exhaustive, nor does it contain definitive advice. Specialist legal advice should be sought in relation to any queries that may arise.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014