For workplace management
Empower and support your managers
The Hub from Freeths’ employment team empowers you and your staff to deal with everyday HR and management issues in a way which reduces the organisation’s exposure to risk.
The fixed price employment package means there will be no unexpected costs, whilst ensuring your business is fully compliant with current employment law.
Supported by a telephone helpline, there are always answers from experienced employment lawyers to the difficult questions you may face.
A key element of The Hub is the assurance that the basics are right. An annual health check audits your employment policies, handbooks and contracts, ensuring they all follow best practice and are fully legally compliant. Employment contracts can then be generated from approved templates.
Expert advice is provided through:
- A telephone helpline – so there is always a dedicated employment lawyer to assist with difficult questions.
- A management toolkit – providing step-by-step guides on how to deal with HR issues (such as grievances or disciplinary procedures) with supporting documents ready to download.
To find out more, please watch our short video
How easy is it to create new employment contracts?
Because we carry out a full audit of your existing contracts, handbooks and policies at the outset, you can be sure that you will have up-to-date documentation at your fingertips.
What training does The Hub provide for managers?
We regularly add new materials to The Hub, including short ‘know how’ podcasts which staff can listen to on the go. Our longer videos tackle more complex issues, so managers can select the training they need to support their needs
How much does it cost?
Before we can give you a price we need to find out how many staff you employ so that we provide a quotation bespoke to your organisation. It will be a fixed price retainer, which you can choose to pay monthly or annually.
Will documents be GDPR compliant?
Our employment lawyers are fully up to speed with the new General Data Protection Regulation, meaning that policies, particularly those which cover the handling of data, are all compliant. Our experts will advise you if there are any areas where you need to modify your processes to meet the requirements of the new Regulation.
Key benefits of The Hub
- Empowers staff to deal with everyday employment and management issues
- Reduces your organisation’s exposure to risk
- Gives access to legal guidance from qualified solicitors, with your own dedicated contact
- Enables you to manage budgets with a fixed price package
- Self-service best practice employment guides, template documents and know-how are always available on-line
- Allows multi-site businesses to achieve the same consistent approach throughout the organisation
- Includes training on demand via podcasts and videos
- Optional insurance cover is available to protect against employment tribunal claims
How The Hub has benefited our clients
- A group of schools without an HR resource have used The Hub for some years to enable managers in individual sites to deal effectively with employment support.
- The busy FD of an SME uses the helpline whenever he needs to gain practical answers to HR queries, safe in the knowledge that there are no open-ended costs to picking up the phone.
- A large food manufacturer, with sites across the UK, uses The Hub to provide support to their staff in production plants to help them manage employees locally. This frees up the central HR team, who are only involved with more complex cases.
- A multi-site educational organisation uses The Hub to ensure all staff are working with the same materials and so there is both consistency and legal compliance across all of its locations.
What our clients say…
“I have found The Hub invaluable for managing our staff. We are a small business, without dedicated HR support, but I know there is always a friendly and expert lawyer at the end of the phone if I have a query relating to staff management.”
“A benefit of The Hub is that it has speeded up our recruitment process as we can very quickly and easily generate new employment contracts, safe in the knowledge that they are always up-to-date.’”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014