International Business Immigration
Supporting UK and international clients across the full spectrum immigration law
Understanding your business immigration needs
International business immigration matters can be key to the success of a new business venture in the UK. The UK immigration system is complex and ever changing. Failing to secure the right visa clearance can cause delay, extra cost and can even result in the failure of a business venture.
Freeths specialist business immigration law team uses its in-depth knowledge and experience to navigate the UK immigration system strategically and pragmatically to support our corporate, high net worth, start-ups and individual international clients across the full spectrum of immigration matters, enabling them to maximise global opportunities. The team has global reach servicing clients nationally and internationally.
For our international corporate clients who are considering moving into the UK market we secure visa clearance for a key representative of the business to enable them to move to the UK to establish the new business. We then deal with the process of securing the required licence clearance for the business to enable overseas individuals and teams to transfer to the UK. We are on hand to manage the licence and meet all business immigration requirements as the business grows.
Securing global mobility
The end of free movement from Europe and expansion of the UK immigration system creates opportunities for our clients to recruit people with the right skills from the international market. We act for senior leadership teams at UK based national and global brands supporting their HR teams to navigate and secure global recruitment.
Where we act for individual international clients looking to move to the UK we recommend the Global Talent, Innovator and Investor routes. Global Talent is ideal for leaders and potential leaders in their specialist field, typically in science, engineering, technology and the arts. The Innovator route is for those looking to make a start-up investment in the UK to allow them to establish a new and innovative business and the Investor route is for those with a significant investment to make.
As a team, we are praised by our clients for our pragmatism, commercial awareness and practical, solution-focused support.
We can enhance the value of your business by:
- Giving your company access to UK markets
- Ensuring you have the right people with the right skills in role when you need them
- Enabling your business to grow at pace, without immigration restrictions slowing you down
- Managing your licence and recruitment processes to free up your HR resource
- Protecting your business from costly immigration compliance breaches
- Advising on the impact of the UK’s departure from the European Union and helping your business benefit from changes in the immigration system
- Providing training to your business on global mobility and all surrounding matters
Our international business immigration law experience
- Obtaining the required licence clearance for a start-up company in the mobile technology sector and securing visa clearance for their senior management team, enabling a multi-million pound investment deal to be finalised
- Assisting and securing Innovator endorsements and visas for the managing directors of a number of fast-growing technology and SaaS businesses setting up in the UK
- Liaising with the Home Office during the consultation on the 2021 immigration system and advising Global Talent endorsing bodies on the issues arising from endorsing candidates
- Securing Global Talent visas for a Russell Group University’s research fellowship programme, bringing international specialists in areas such as AI, robotics, regenerative medicine and applied computer vision to the fellowship programme
- Acting for a global cyber security company to support them in the transfer of overseas employees to the UK under Tier 2 ICT and Tier 2 General
- Securing a Tier 2 immigration licence for a global B2C distribution company and securing overseas recruitment to fill key roles
- Acting for a UK based global distribution and supply chain management company on their merger with a US conglomerate, adapting the UK company’s licence and securing visa clearance for key US nationals and their family members
- Being retained by one of the UK’s leading international courier companies to support their senior management team and HR team to act as a strategic partner during the UK’s departure from the EU
To get in touch, please contact Emma Brooksbank
Alternatively complete the form below:
International Business Immigration Lawyers
“Emma Brooksbank represents a diverse client roster, including higher education institutions, corporate groups and individuals seeking Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visas. A source says: "She's very good in difficult cases, has a legal head and is really persistent, and she's really open to taking new, fresh approaches."
(Chambers and Partners)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014