Commercial Contract Disputes
Protecting your rights
What is involved?
Possibly the most important aspect of your business, your commercial contracts capture your rights against and obligations to your suppliers, customers and clients. They form the very bedrock of your business.
When disputes arise out of those contracts, it has never been more important that you come to us to help you sort them out. Whether you are looking to be aggressive or accommodating, or protect your rights, our knowledgeable and experienced commercial disputes partners and solicitors are the best in the business. Our Dispute Management team can help you negotiate a solution to a dispute or terminate a contract.
Freeths can and will guide you through every step of the way, utilising our sector specific knowledge. We use our in-depth understanding of contract law and our extensive dispute resolution experience to help you achieve the outcome you deserve – faster, better, cheaper.
Why Choose Freeths?
- As “business people first and lawyers second” we understand your point of view
- You can trust us to keep costs down by using junior solicitors to assist your partner
- We are renowned for trying to keep disputes out of court if possible through negotiation
- Our experienced lawyers have worked with a wide range of high value commercial clients
Freeths’ commercial contract disputes experience encompasses all forms of industries, many diverse sectors and often complex contracts with values of many millions of pounds. We have negotiated numerous disputes, whether directly with our opponents or at mediation. Conversely, we have litigated disputes in every level of court up to the Supreme Court and before all the major UK and international arbitral bodies.
We make a virtue of having an experienced partner handle your dispute, who will be available 24/7 to discuss any issue you might have, with closely supervised assistance from more junior solicitors and project managers to keep your costs down. Call our Dispute Management team to see how we could help you.
The Perils of Poor PlanningArticles 7th Mar 2018
"Freeths are very approachable and good with feedback to the client. They are very professional and good at dealing with complicated contracts"
(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
"...strategic handling of complex cases"
(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
The 'consistent, reliable' team at Freeths LLP ‘provides high-quality advice, day in, day out’.
(The Legal 500, 2019)
- Acting for a manufacturer in pursuing substantial damages for breach of a fleet management contract in circumstances where the haulier had covertly applied a surcharge without notification to our client. Matter successfully concluded at mediation.
- Acting for a leading gas supplier in prosecuting a claim against two defendants for breach of contract. Judgment obtained against both defendants at Trial whereat our client reaped the benefit of a Part 36 Offer, strategically made early in the dispute.
- Acting for a restaurant group in successfully setting aside a substantial Judgment in Default in a contractual dispute where our client disputed having been served with a Claim Form.
- Acting for a UK airport in a contractual dispute with its ground handlers in relation to the pooling of ground handling equipment. Matter successfully concluded before Trial.
- Advising a manufacturer as regards the financial consequences of terminating its Europe-wide commercial agents.
- Advising a manufacturer on the interpretation of, and defences to a claim brought by, its joint venture partner.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014