Injunctions, Emergency Court Relief & Search Orders
Taking action to help your business
What is involved?
This is a complex area of the law, but sometimes it is necessary to take immediate action to protect your business where a dispute has arisen. You might require a party to stop a particular action or require them to undertake an action. That may include the use of freezing orders or search orders to find or preserve evidence or material that might otherwise be lost or dissipated.
It might also be necessary to seek interim or final injunctions to stop infringements that damage your business.
It is important to seek advice as early as possible as injunctions will often be accompanied by a penal notice. Any party breaching such notices runs the risk of being held to be in contempt of court, punishable by imprisonment, fines or seizure of assets.
Why choose Freeths?
- We will advise on the commercial necessity, implications, and the pros and cons of taking action. The merits of any particular application are fact specific
- We are able to advise in respect of ‘on notice’ and ‘without notice’ applications
- We have extensive national and international experience of obtaining immediate freezing, search and seizure orders or injunctions preventing parties from continuing to unlawfully cause loss to your business
- We advise not only those seeking immediate injunctive relief but those who are also on the receiving end of it
- We have a number of experienced ‘Supervising Solicitors’ who can be appointed where search orders are to be executed at the defendant’s home or work premises. The Supervising Solicitor will supervise the search and report to the Court on the execution of the search order
Injunctions, Emergency Court Relief & Search Orders Lawyers
0845 274 6903
0845 634 2583
0186 578 1058
0114 263 9483
0845 030 5793
0845 128 7972
01865 781 054
0116 248 1114
0186 578 1021
0845 050 3203
0845 128 7983
0186 578 1079
0845 274 6892
0845 050 3698
0845 274 6910
0845 166 6312
0845 272 5710
0845 077 9560
"Philippa is regarded as a Leader in the field of Dispute Resolution by Chambers and Business Experts. Sources say the 'absolutely excellent' Philippa Dempster provides an 'amazing service for her clients'."
- Defending application for freezing injunction including application for preservation and delivery up of documents.
- Defending injunction application seeking to restrain client from taking action pending urgent declaration as to interpretation of the clause of a contract.
- Various injunctions restraining presentation and advertisement of winding up petitions.
- Successfully defending an application brought by a former employer against employees and the new company they joined in respect of an interim injunction sought to prevent them working and the new company operating.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014