Advertising & Marketing
Keeping pace with the times
What is involved?
Getting your marketing right can reap dividends for your business. But the advertising landscape is constantly shifting and regulators such as the ASA, Ofcom, Phonepayplus, Trading Standards and the ICO are adapting their rulebooks to keep pace with the times. Ensuring that your campaigns don’t fall foul of regulatory or legal rules has never been more difficult.
Our IP & Media Team work with businesses and advertising creatives every day to help them to craft ad campaigns that are compliant. But we’re not afraid to help people to push boundaries.
We understand the importance of traditional media and the nuances of established and evolving online landscapes such as native, social, influencers and adtech. Whether you need clearance advice on new material or help to respond to or initiate a regulatory investigation we’re here to help.
Why choose Freeths?
Our daily experience helping ad professionals means that we can work at the coalface with you, to tight production and clearance schedules. Our expertise in comparative advertising and the overlap between trade mark law and advertising regulation in particular is second to none.
And because our advertising expertise is provided by our IP & Media team we can provide a holistic solution to your branding and marketing problems. Our wider team can help with anything from contractual issues, promotional terms and conditions to brand protection and media litigation.
Call our experienced Intellectual Property and Media team to see how we could help you.
Advertising & Marketing Lawyers
Partner & Head of Intellectual Property
0845 634 2583
0845 404 1730
0845 077 9652
0845 634 1735
0845 070 3811
Gambling: Regulators get tougher on advertisersArticles 20th Mar 2018
Red Bull relies on Trade Marks to rise above misleading advertising claimArticles 1st Mar 2018
"Great efficiency and quick answers."
(The Legal 500)
"One of the most reactive and effective firms in the UK."
(The Legal 500)
- Assisted a retailer with the successful defence of a complaint filed at the ASA in which it was alleged that the mise-en-scène of a television advertisement misleading implied that the client’s salmon products were free range rather than farmed.
- Provided clearance advice on a nationwide multi-channel campaign (TV, press and online) which contained numerous parodies of well-known films. Running support was provided on the campaign from concept and storyboards through to the end of the campaign.
- Successful informal resolution of complaints filed at the Advertising Standards Authority against a client’s price comparison advertising.
- Procuring the cessation of non-compliant comparative advertising by a client’s competitor by issuing trade mark proceedings in the High Court.
- Trade mark, product and advertising clearance work for a major UK retailer.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014