Commercial Reputation Protection
Protecting your reputation nationwide
What is involved?
Our dedicated IP & Media team helps international and multi-national businesses, SMEs, public bodies and charities, across all market sectors, whether claimant or defendant, manage and protect their reputation nationwide.
Our expertise in this arena comprises the full range of media law, practice and business strategy that comes into play in any given commercial threat scenario affecting reputation.
This includes defamation (libel and slander), trade libel (malicious falsehood), harassment, misuse of private information, breach of confidence; and breach of personal data processing & cyber security obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and its new 2018 replacement following GDPR implementation.
Our service is aimed at managing and protecting your reputation in accordance with your commercial objectives and covers pre and post publication advice, strategy and dispute resolution across all internal and external threats affecting a commercial organisation including:
Why choose Freeths?
We offer a high quality, cost-efficient and solutions driven approach in the management and protection of your reputation. Our expertise is well-rounded because we act for businesses and individuals alike, and on all sides of the reputation debate. This enables us to see solutions where others do not.
Our national status (comprising 11 city offices) also means that we can draw upon a significant pool of outstanding commercial expertise from IT and employment through to corporate and regulatory law, where required, to help solve your crisis.
We consider that we offer excellent value for money in this arena compared to our competition.
Call our experienced team of Intellectual Property lawyers to find out more.
- Pre-publication risk of your organisation saying something defamatory about others
- Libel and privacy risks arising from online content including business social media and YouTube channels
- Risk of misleading advertising and marketing
- Personal data leaks caused by rogue employees and cyber security issues
- Your organisation’s CCTV & photography use
- Product recall issues affecting reputation
- Defamations in the print, broadcast or online media
- Libels, slanders and malicious falsehoods by competitors and others with an axe to grind
- Attack websites & social media accounts set up to disparage your organisation
- Online & social media abuse and harassment of your organisation and its employees
- The problem of the anonymous defendant
- Personal and sensitive data leaks caused by external cyber attacks
- Investigations by the ICO
- Bad leaver risks
- Infringement of your intellectual property, confidential information and trade secrets
- Media intrusion and requests for comments
- Inaccurate press and broadcast reporting
Commercial Reputation Protection Lawyers
0845 050 3289
Partner & Head of Intellectual Property
0845 634 2583
0114 263 9438
0845 166 6251
0845 404 1730
0845 077 9652
0845 070 3811
Defamation Law Update: Libellous tweets can cause serious harm to reputationArticles 30th Mar 2017
What Brexit means for your intellectual property rightsArticles 24th Jun 2016
Intellectual property case note – Original thinking in composite trade marksArticles 26th May 2015
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014