Getting it and using it
What is involved?
Whatever premises you are planning to occupy, our priority in working with you is to ensure that every matter is considered and that the process is as smooth as possible. We want you to enjoy trouble-free use of your new premises, unhindered by legal or practical issues. Our lawyers are well-versed in achieving this for a wide range of clients and have acted for household names in their HQ relocations and roll out programmes across the UK. We will work closely with you to understand your requirements.
From overcoming environmental obstacles to tying down project delivery to time, you can rely on us to create a legal framework to ensure the slickest experience possible.
We deal with all sizes of corporate relocations and taking space for Food & Beverage, hotels, retailers, care home operators and student housing operators in respect of premises in office and mixed use buildings, the high street, out of town retail parks and shopping centres. Our teams are highly versed in dealing with all types of premises and businesses, recognising that each have their own unique features.
Why choose Freeths?
- We have extensive knowledge of dealing with occupier’s requirements and operational issues over a variety of types of premises
- We are approachable, available and pragmatic
- We deal with any legal obstacles , leaving you to get on with the running of your business
- We offer solutions-based advice and pride ourselves on being value for money
You can rely on our established Real Estate team to be available 24/7, and to be there every step along the way acting as the “fifth” emergency service if problems arise.
Call our specialist Real Estate team now to find out how we can help you.
0845 030 5744
0186 578 1060
0845 050 3645
0845 077 9654
0845 050 3648
0845 274 6920
0845 073 8394
0845 017 8382
0845 077 9655
0186 578 1143
0845 128 6990
0845 050 3609
0845 050 3610
0845 050 3627
0845 274 6917
0845 050 3650
0845 404 4134
0845 271 6769
0186 578 1145
Partner & National Head of Real Estate
0845 634 1742
0845 030 5739
0845 050 3631
"When it comes to the importance of the added value aspects of the relationship, Freeths really get it. They’ve invested a lot of time and made a real commitment to understand our business and the dynamics of how we work. Their innovative approach to their use of technology to save us time and money, even if that means less work being outsourced, sets them apart from a lot of other law firms. Most importantly, whenever we have any issues with any aspect of the relationship they are very open and responsive, leaving me in no doubt that they really value us as a client."
(Dan Gwynn, Head of Legal Services, Travis Perkins)
"Jon and his team at Freeths know this sector well and having used them in a former logistics role I knew they would deliver. Having been told that other deals on DIRFT had taken many months in legals, we were delighted that Jon helped us exchange this significant deal for the business in a few weeks."
(Rupert Nichols, Legal Director, Eddie Stobart)
"On our recent care home development deal Jon quickly cut to the chase. He batted hard for us on points he'd helped identify mattered and didn’t dwell on others. Even the other party commented how pragmatic and good to deal with he is. Jon also looks for opportunities to put me in contact with his clients and contacts which shows he’s thinking of us more widely."
(Andrew Winstanley, Care Home Project Director, One Housing Group)
- We have acted for one of the big six supermarkets in the UK in their roll out and acquisitions programme across the country, acquiring on average (via leasehold and freehold sites) 25-30 sites every year for stores. Also acting on their RDC units and distribution space and expansion of back office we have dealt with multiple issues on all fronts, all the time ensuring consistency in documentation and delivery together with value for money.
- We act for the Travis Perkins group of companies, the UK’s largest distributor of building materials which includes household names such as Travis Perkins, Wickes and Toolstation. We act on all aspects of their Real Estate work from acquisitions and developments of new premises and trade parks, disposals of surplus premises and all required day to day asset management work.
- Logistics firm CH Robinson is set to move into Derby base after signing a deal with developer Goodman to build a 70,000 square foot logistics centre at Derby Commercial Park. Freeths acted for CH Robinson.
- Eddie Stobart’s purpose-built 420,000 square foot rail-connected distribution centre at the Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal (DIRFT) and 300,000 new build facility at Carlisle Airport – and leasehold acquisition of their large Widnes Multimodal Port site with rail facility.
- Baycroft/One Housing Group – forward funded agreement for development and 30 year leases with Frontier Estates for 4 large new luxury care homes with over 250 bedrooms. Jon Smart closely advised Baycroft, new to the care home development and construction process, in their first deal with leading care home developers Frontier and Aviva fund.
- Advising a major international data centre operator on the leasing of several purpose built data centre site. Also, the subsequent sub-lease of parts of these sites to ‘blue chip’ multinationals as part of complex service level agreements.
- Acted for the New Art Exchange in relation to their new central hub in Nottingham, which has become one of the Midlands’ top arts centres.
- Acted for the UK branch of an international logistics company on the contract-led lease of a 150,000+ square foot warehouse.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014