Adam Gibb joined the firm in 2011 and has been a qualified solicitor in the Commercial Litigation department since 2016.
Adam has over five years experience in dispute resolution and has gained a broad range of experience across a spectrum of different practice areas within Commercial Litigation. He has obtained the Higher Courts (Civil Advocacy) qualification through which he has dealt with matters as an advocate in High Court interlocutory applications and County Court final hearings.
FCA Investigations & Enforcement Action
Adam has advised in litigation and regulatory disputes for independent financial advisors. He also provides advice in relation to practical aspects of financial services regulation and compliance, both with regards to matters involving the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and the Financial Ombudsman.
- A careful analysis of the regulatory handbooks and the methods undertaken by IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors), with regards to compliance and regulation. This resulted in a number of successful appeals, regarding decisions taken by the regulator.
Adam has specific experience in the processes involved with companies entering into administration and liquidation. He regularly advises and assists Insolvency Practitioners on a wide range of insolvency and restructuring matters.
- Acting for the joint administrators of a business providing out of hours healthcare services in respect of recoveries within the company’s administration.
- Acting for administrators and liquidators in relation to claims against directors and third parties arising out of antecedent transactions.
- Acting for the joint administrators of a company in relation to claims against directors for misfeasance and fraud.
- Acting for a healthcare consultancy provider in relation to debt recovery and management of affairs regarding a variety of service users who are, or who threaten, insolvency.
- Acted for various clients on a number of successful interim applications, regarding both recovery and procedural matters. These were pursuant to provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986.
Adam has had the benefit of completing his Higher Rights of Audience (Civil Advocacy) training. This has allowed him to gain experience representing clients in both the High Court and County Court. Adam has handled a number of interim applications in the High Court and appeared at final County Court hearings.
- Leading on a successful judicial review of the processes undertaken by regulatory bodies for professionals.
- Advising a client on a number of important intellectual property matters. Adam secured a successful outcome in respect of a dispute relating to the purchase of assets and other intellectual property on a multi-national dispute. He negotiated and successfully refuted claims relating to a prospective application for an injunction.
- Advising and acting for a client in relation to a regulatory disciplinary matter regarding fitness to practice and advising in relation to a committee hearing.
- Acting for businesses in respect of a variety of disputes including: insurance claims; professional negligence claims; shareholder disputes; and general commercial disputes.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in connection with a variety of insolvency matters including liquidation, bankruptcy and administration as well as general debt recovery work.
- Advising in respect of a multi-million pound commercial dispute involving a matter of professional negligence.
- Advocating at a variety of court hearings and tribunals.
Higher Court Advocacy
- Adam has successfully represented clients at a number of interim application hearings in the High Court including on the matters of disclosure and relief from sanction. He has also represented clients at case management conferences.
- Adam recently successfully opposed an application for late disclosure. The claimants had omitted several documents from their disclosure, which had only been disclosed upon service of witness evidence.
- Adam recently represented a defendant in a claim in the County Court which had been brought by an international bank.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014