"Adrian White has both commercial and residential development expertise, with particular experience acting for charity clients."
An experienced real estate lawyer, Adrian deals with general commercial property work but specialises in property development. He joined the firm in 2006 and is an expert regarding planning, construction and environmental issues.
Adrian has significant expertise in brownfield development; particularly the complex issues involving contaminated land, and the re-use of listed buildings.
Adrian is listed as a Leading Individual in Chambers (2015 Edition) and as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
Adrian deals with a wide range of documents relating to both commercial and residential development including options, promotion agreements, collaboration agreements, and planning agreements. He is familiar with the allied fields of construction, planning and environmental law.
- Acting for a charity on acquisition of a site for a new science and innovation centre. He has also dealt with third party interests in the land.
- Acting for an investor on purchase subject to a tenant of whole. The surrender by tenant was to be synchronised with sale, and the case involved problems with local occupier planning conditions and construction warranties relating to refurbishment.
- Acting for a national charity on its purchase of and refurbishment of its listed headquarters building next door to a Grade 1 listed building.
- Sale of industrial building on contaminated site, with planning permission for residential development with overage provisions.
- Acting for a developer in a consortium for residential development of approximately 170 acres.
- Disposal of 42 acres of Green Belt land on an option, subject to planning permission of residential development.
- Collaboration agreement for development of approximately 14 acres for residential development.
- Promotion agreement by charities seeking planning permission for development on 17 acres.
- Acting for a charity in collaboration with another charity for residential development of approximately 43 acres, with odour problems from nearby sewerage treatment works.
- Collaboration agreement for development of approximately 100 acres for residential development.
- Option to Prologis on land for warehouse development on 32 acres.
- Development agreement for change of use and redevelopment of office building with overage provisions.
- Option to Persimmon for residential development on 30 acres as part of a larger strategic development.
- Acting for developer on collaboration with other developers on a care home/residential development on 9 acres.
- Option for commercial development on 67.5 acres.
- Acting for landowner on a promotion agreement relating to 100 acres for residential development.
Transport & Logistics
Adrian deals with commercial leases and developments at the Ports including provisions and transitional arrangements, wind farm schemes and problems with contamination with open storage.
- Acquiring a newly built 131,000 sq ft industrial unit with the option to acquire superior interest.
- Advising on a former industrial site for new leases, with relocation affecting 87 acres including issues regarding contamination and heritage assets.
- Agreement to lease with landlord’s obligation to remedy defective piled floor foundations.
- Law Society
- Law Society’s Planning Accreditation Scheme
- Royal Town Planning Institute and UK Environmental Law Association
- MA Law
- LLB (Hons) Law
“Well informed, calm and courteous.”
“Calm good sense, even in the face of tight deadlines.”
“Calm, thorough and effective, Adrian White is commended for getting to grips with his clients’ businesses. His attention to detail is also highlighted…He really dots the i’s and crosses the t’s.”(Chambers & Partners, 2013)
“Adrian White has both commercial and residential development expertise, with particular experience acting for charity clients. Interviewees say: ‘He is extremely thorough and gives us a lot of information’.”
“Straight-talking and efficient style.”
“Adrian White has expertise in advising tenants from various sectors and continues to lead on many of the firm’s most significant matters.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014