Arshia is a specialist immigration solicitor with over 10 years’ experience in all areas of immigration law and a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association.
Having initially trained as a barrister, Arshia is an experienced advocate and regularly represents clients at the Immigration and Asylum Chamber of the First and Upper Tribunal as well as litigating in complex judicial review matters. Arshia has higher rights of audience, allowing her to utilise her advocacy skills by representing clients at judicial review hearings in the senior courts of England and Wales.
Arshia represents employers, businesses and individuals, providing strategic advice on various immigration matters, with a particular focus on sponsor licence applications and compliance as well as employee-focussed work, including supporting international businesses to transfer their staff to the UK. Arshia’s practice also includes settlement, human rights, EEA, family, and citizenship applications.
Arshia’s current client base includes corporate clients across a broad range of industries such as engineering, manufacturing, digital technology and sport.
Arshia has a keen interest in sports, particularly football, and uses this to further her sports immigration work.
Arshia is appointed by the FA as chair to its National Anti-Discrimination Panel, FA General Appeal Board Panel and member of its Regulatory Commission.
Arshia assists and advises both corporate and individual clients in all areas of immigration law including:
- Points Based System matters for employers and employees
- Tier 1 Applications for Investors, Entrepreneurs and Graduate Entrepreneurs who are hoping to set up, join, take over or invest in a business in the United Kingdom.
- Tier 2 Applications – Sponsored Workers for people wishing to enter the UK or to remain in the UK for work. This includes the following categories:
- Tier 2 General
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion
- Tier 2 Sports Person
- Intra company transfer
- Securing a sponsor licence for one of Europe’s largest steel manufacturers, followed by securing successful entry clearance for a highly skilled migrant and their dependant family member.
- Securing a sponsor licence for a US based international manufacturing company, followed by the successful transfer of their highly skilled employee and their dependant family member from the US to the UK.
- Securing a new sponsor licence for a large European dental company, following a breach of compliance duties.
- Advising a sporting organisation on how it can continue to provide UK clubs with foreign amateur players in light of changes to the Immigration Rules.
- Providing training to HR professionals on compliance with immigration law and right to work.
- Arshia has featured on BBC News and BBC Radio Lancashire providing expert commentary on Brexit and on Sky Sports in interview about tackling discrimination within football.
- Board Member at Lancashire Football Association
- Chair for the Football Association National Anti-Discrimination Panel
- Chair for the Football Association General Appeal Board
“Arshia was invaluable in helping my wife and stepson obtain their visas. Without her knowledge, patience and diligence we would not have been successful. Both Cherry and I owe her a great deal.”
“I am incredibly grateful to Ms Arshia Hashmi for her hard work. Arshia represented me to successfully obtain both my daughter’s British Naturalisation and her asylum. She always provided me helpful advice that was easy to understand, keeping me updated and communicating with me every step of the way. I always knew where I stood and what to expect. She was always approachable. I would highly recommend Ms Arshia Hashmi to anyone. Again, thanks for her hard work.”
“Thank you for your professional assistance in helping my wife and myself getting our permanent residency. Dealing with the home office can be frustrated at times and require a lot of patience. Emma & Arshia were always available and attentive to my queries. They acted promptly and super professionally to make sure I get the right results. I’m now going to apply for UK citizenship and do it with confidence knowing that Emma & Arshia backing me up. Thank you ladies, it’s been pleasure working with you.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014