Arshia is a specialist immigration Solicitor who brings with her over 8 years’ experience to Freeths’ immigration department. Arshia is an expert litigator and excels in challenging Home Office decisions on human rights matters, including detention and deportation as well as handling complex Judicial Review matters.
Arshia trained as a barrister at BPP Law School in London following completion of her Master’s degree in Public International Law and law degree and regularly represents clients at the First Tier and Upper Tribunal in appeal matters. Arshia is due to secure her Higher Rights of Audience later this year to allow her to use her advocacy skills further and represent clients at Judicial Review hearings.
Away from work, Arshia is involved in football governance where she puts her expertise in equality, diversity and anti-discrimination to good use to help effect a positive change in society and sport. In October 2013, Arshia was appointed by the FA as Chair to its National Anti-Discrimination Panel to chair discrimination cases and also chairs on FA General Appeal Board Panels on a national level. On appointment, Arshia became the UK’s youngest female panel member as well as the UK’s youngest Asian female panel member for both the FA’s National Anti-Discrimination Chairman’s Panel and the General Board of Appeal. In September 2017, Arshia was named as the youngest, first female and first Asian board member of Lancashire Football Association where she hopes to help encourage and promote diversity within the game.
Arshia assists and advises both corporate and individual clients in all areas of immigration law including:
- Points Based System matters for employers and employees
- Tier 1 Applications for Investors, Entrepreneurs and Graduate Entrepreneurs who are hoping to set up, join, take over or invest in a business in the United Kingdom.
- Tier 2 Applications – Sponsored Workers for people wishing to enter the UK or to remain in the UK for work. This includes the following categories:
- Tier 2 General
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion
- Tier 2 Sports Person
- Intra company transfer
- Successfully securing a Tier 2 licence for one of Europe’s largest steel manufacturers and advising their HR team on the relevant rules to help secure visas for overseas employees in the future.
- Representing clients in submitting complex Tier 1 Entrepreneur applications to the Home Office.
- Successfully challenging the Home Office decisions to set Removal Directions for the removal of migrants from the UK.
- Advising Migrants’ Rights Network on the impact of Brexit.
- Providing training to Citizen’s Advice Bureau staff and volunteers on EEA and naturalisation applications in light of Brexit.
- Assisting a number of individuals in securing visas to join their families in the UK, with a view to settling in the UK.
- Assisting victims of trafficking in securing Discretionary Leave to Remain in the UK.
- Board Member at Lancashire Football Association
- Chair for the Football Association National Anti-Discrimination Panel
- Chair for the Football Association General Appeal Board
“Arshia was invaluable in helping my wife and stepson obtain their visas. Without her knowledge, patience and diligence we would not have been successful. Both Cherry and I owe her a great deal.”
“I am incredibly grateful to Ms Arshia Hashmi for her hard work. Arshia represented me to successfully obtain both my daughter’s British Naturalisation and her asylum. She always provided me helpful advice that was easy to understand, keeping me updated and communicating with me every step of the way. I always knew where I stood and what to expect. She was always approachable. I would highly recommend Ms Arshia Hashmi to anyone. Again, thanks for her hard work.”
“Thank you for your professional assistance in helping my wife and myself getting our permanent residency. Dealing with the home office can be frustrated at times and require a lot of patience. Emma & Arshia were always available and attentive to my queries. They acted promptly and super professionally to make sure I get the right results. I’m now going to apply for UK citizenship and do it with confidence knowing that Emma & Arshia backing me up. Thank you ladies, it’s been pleasure working with you.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014