Asfand Gulzar is an Associate in the Competition department at Freeths LLP.
Asfand advises clients on a range of EU and UK competition law matters, including multi-jurisdictional and UK merger control, investigations, state aid and competition law compliance. His experience covers a variety of industry sectors, including aerospace, construction, media, real estate, retail and transport.
Asfand has also completed a secondment at a FTSE 250 listed company and a market leading supplier to the UK’s building and construction industry.
- Advising an international grocery retailer in relation to the Competition and Markets Authority’s investigation of the proposed merger between Sainsbury’s and Asda.
- Advising a major UK airport on general behavioural competition law matters, including abuse of dominance and anti-competitive agreements.
- Representing a large music retailer in a Competition and Markets Authority investigation into suspected breaches of competition law in the musical instruments sector, including in relation to a dawn raid and subsequent interview.
- Advising a global hotel brand on state aid issues ensuing from a proposed development requiring contribution by a public authority.
- Representing a large funeral services provider in its engagement with the Competition and Markets Authority’s market study into the funerals sector and further work in relation to its market investigation.
- Advising a pan-European institutional investor on a variety of acquisitions, including on merger control and competition due diligence.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014