"Having worked with Atiyya on several projects over the past four years I have always found her to be extremely thorough and responsive in her approach to our legal requirements."
(Piers Barnes, Finance Director, Helly Hansen)
Atiyya joined Freeths as a solicitor in 1999. She specialises in commercial development and investment transactions ranging from stand-alone buildings to complex mixed use sites. Atiyya aims to make sure that projects are delivered on time and on budget whilst simultaneously providing the best possible service.
- The purchase of a site at Heathrow Airport for development of a Travelodge hotel.
- Purchase of a strategic sites for a University seen as key for expansion and development of the University campus.
- The purchase and sale of several investment properties £20-£50 million each.
- Complicated site assembly and set up of a large residential development site valued at approximately £20 million.
- The purchase of the shares in a new company for £50 million specifically set up to carry out large scale development on behalf of investor client
Atiyya has experience of working in investment development and retail. This has included expanding a chain of restaurants, purchasing a string of hotels and regear of leases.
- Purchase for investment properties for Local Authority Pension Funds.
- Purchase of a string of hotels for investor client.
- Regear of 15 leases in respect of portfolio of properties acquired by a client company.
- Acting for a well-known restaurant client acquiring properties to expand chain of restaurants.
“Having worked with Atiyya on several projects over the past four years I have always found her to be extremely thorough and responsive in her approach to our legal requirements. Atiyya is very good at spotting sensitive details and squeezing the maximum benefit for the client through the legal process. On more than one occasion Atiyya has also displayed a high level of perseverance to help us push a job through when advisors from other parties are dragging out proceedings. Communication is timely and effective and I always feel I have an understanding of the process and outstanding issues. As Atiyya is also very approachable it’s easy for me to obtain a layman’s explanation on more complex matters. Atiyya is very aware of the commerciality in decision making and when we should / shouldn’t take a view on an issue. This helps me feel confident that I am always getting the best possible advice, and as a result I would happily recommend Atiyya and Freeths to other businesses seeking the highest level of confidence in their legal matters.”(Piers Barnes, Finance Director, Helly Hansen)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014