Benjamin joined Freeths in 2016 and qualified as a Construction Solicitor in 2019. Benjamin has a commercial property background and has also spent time on client secondment to NHS Property Services Limited and Travis Perkins plc.
Now specialising in Construction, Benjamin advises public and private sector clients in negotiating and drafting contract documentation for a variety of building projects including care homes, student accommodation, warehousing, industrial, offices and retail. Benjamin often works closely with real estate colleagues in support of the broader property transaction.
Benjamin regularly advises a variety of parties including developers, consultants, funders and tenants on a range of construction contracts including consultant appointments, collateral warranties, novation agreements, bonds and sub-contracts.
- Assisting senior lawyers in advising the developer on the construction of multi-phase student accommodation project in Reading, which included new build construction and refurbishment of existing structures.
- Supporting commercial property colleagues acting for the developer on a substantial care home development in Nottinghamshire. Benjamin was involved in preparing the construction documentation and negotiating with the contractor, the project funder and the tenant of the development.
- Assisting commercial property colleagues acting for the developer of a large multi-tenanted retail park in Sheffield. Benjamin was involved in preparing the construction documentation and inputting on the development obligations in multiple agreements for lease.
- Supporting corporate and real estate colleagues in providing construction due diligence in relation to a share sale of a care home business.
- Carrying out construction due diligence on behalf of the tenant of new-build supermarket in Berkshire.
- Assisting senior lawyers in advising the funder on the construction aspects of a multi-million pound care home development.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014