"Charles Darby has a focus on anti avoidance and asset avoidance cases."
(The Legal 500)
An experienced commercial lawyer, Charles specialises in a number of areas including dispute resolution, professional negligence and fraud. He is known for a focus on anti-avoidance and asset-avoidance cases.
Charles is based at our Leicester office and has worked at Freeths since 1998.
Charles is ranked as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2020 edition).
- Successful pursuit of transaction defrauding creditors and transaction at undervalue claims (Re: Husky Group Limited), shareholder dispute in Covpress Limited, administration of Covpress Assembly Limited.
- Completion of the James Dolman & Co litigation against its directors.
- The bankruptcy of Arthur Oakes (an 18-year task, involving numerous applications to the Bankruptcy Court in London and 2 appearances in the Court of Appeal).
- Dealing with a significant retention of title claim in the administration of Mark One.
- Finalising, following mediation, a dispute about division of company assets following a breakdown of relations within the family which owned them.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014