Chris qualified as a lawyer in December 2015.
He has acted on commercial real estate matters including purchase and subsequent leasing of property, refinancing of property portfolios acting for both borrowers or lenders, and high-value property developments.
Chris advises on various issues surrounding property transactions including adverse possession and land registration issues, environmental and contaminated land issues, and tax issues.
He has a particular interest in advising on energy, utilities and infrastructure. Chris has acted for companies seeking to carry out works to protect their apparatus and those affected by utility companies statutory rights and liabilities.
Chris holds an LLM specialising in energy law.
- Leasing of a number of development sites for a major trade centre client involving landlord construction and tenant fit-out of the properties.
- Acquisition of investment properties including at Green Park, Reading and subsequent leasing of those sites.
Energy & waste
- The acquisition of land for the construction of an electricity sub-station for a fit-out national gas company, including issues surrounding compensation for lost EU agricultural subsidy payments.
- A utility infrastructure agreement relating to electricity and gas capacity ramping agreements, and the relationship between the developer client, independent distribution network operator and distribution network operator.
- A national energy company’s negotiation of agreements to protect a major gas pipeline during a £40 million housing development.
- The implications of a data centre client’s transfer from the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme to the Climate Change Agreement (CCA) for Data Centres, and the disposal of CRC credits already purchased and the strategy for doing so.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014