Principal Litigation Manager
"Expert catastrophic injury group that operates within a strong nationwide practice. Highlighted for its specialist knowledge in brain injury cases, including those impacting children."
(Chambers & Partners, 2016)
Claire has acted purely for Claimants involved in personal injury litigation for the past 15 years and is accredited as a Senior Litigator by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers. She is sympathetic and pragmatic, and previous clients praise her for an ability to explain things in a clear, patient and understanding manner.
She deals with claims arising from a variety of situations including road traffic collisions, accidents at work, assaults/criminal injuries, holidays and public liability cases. Claire specialises in dealing with serious and catastrophic injuries and has a particular interest in adults with acquired brain injuries. Claire is a personal injury lawyer based at our Nottingham office.
Acquired Brain Injury
Claire has represented numerous clients who have suffered acquired brain injuries – ranging from minor head injuries to severe brain injuries which have left clients incapable of managing their own affairs. She has experience of obtaining interim payments to put in place specialist Case Managers and rehabilitation packages aimed at improving the quality of life of clients.
- Secured compensation of £1 million for a client who suffered catastrophic brain injuries and physical injuries as a result of an accident at work. This enabled the client to adapt their home and have a bespoke care package in place to relieve the pressure from their relatives.
- Obtained compensation in excess of £450,000 for a client who sustained a brain injury arising from an unprovoked assault by a stranger.
- Obtained an award in excess of £215,000 from the CICA for a client who was assaulted.
- Obtained a settlement in excess of £860,000 for a client who suffered permanent physical and psychological problems following a road traffic accident which included an award for alternative accommodation and adaptations.
- Secured an award in excess of £230,000 from the CICA for a childhood abuse case.
- Secured a compensation award in excess of £205,000 for a client who sustained physical injuries whilst abroad on a package holiday.
To contact Claire or for more information…
- APIL Senior Litigator
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
“Claire was compassionate and professional throughout offering clear support and advice through a traumatic period of my life.”
“Couldn’t be happier with the service we received from Claire.”
“Claire provided an excellent service throughout and appeared unphased by any problems that arose.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014