A highly experienced local government solicitor, having previously worked both in private practice and in house for district, county and unitary authorities, providing advice on a wide range of commercial, contractual and governance matters. She has most recently been involved in advising on many innovative projects involving new ways of working for a range of local authorities.
She also has extensive experience of acting for local authorities in relation to academy conversions and their education functions.
Having gained information governance experience whilst working for local authorities, Clare also provides advice on GDPR compliance issues for both public and private sector clients.
Acting for a Metropolitan Borough Council’s education contract management team in relation to the termination of the Council’s £345m contract with their outsourced provides for the delivery of services to children and young people; advising on both contractual issues, exit arrangements and constitutional requirements.
Advising a Metropolitan Borough Council’s in relation to the conversion of a PFI school to academy status including drafting the necessary amendments to the bespoke PFI Project Agreement and advising on the required School Agreement and Principal Agreement.
- Acting for the two London Boroughs in relation to the transfer of Children’s Services to a company jointly owned by both Councils and in particular advice relating to the transfer of functions and drafting of the Service Delivery contract.
- Acting for a City Council in relation to the transfer of its School Improvement Services to a local authority trading company.
- Acting for a Metropolitan Borough Council in relation to the transfer of its Children’s Social Care services to an independent Trust pursuant to a direction of the Department for Education.
- Acting for a County Council in relation to the spinning out of cultural and library services to an employee led mutual.
- Advising three different local authority project groups in relation to establishing Regional Adoption Agencies involving proposed delivery models including highlighting procurement implications of each model.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014