"Thank you so much for your amazing hard work these last 12 months or so. I know you've worked tirelessly and I can't express my appreciation to you enough. You've been brilliant."
Daniel advises corporate clients who are the subject of criminal and regulatory investigations across the Country. This includes, but is not limited to, investigations that are carried out by the Police, SFO, HSE, CQC, HMRC, Trading Standards, and Local Authorities.
He has over 15 years experience in criminal and regulatory law and was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2012. Following a number of successful appearances before his local Courts, Daniel was awarded Leeds’ Young Advocate of the Year in 2013. He then joined a leading national firm, where he attained a senior appointment within 18 months, before joining Freeths in 2016.
As part of his duties, Daniel represents clients who are facing allegations of corporate manslaughter and breaches of health and safety legislation as well as representing corporate bodies who appear as Interested Parties at Coroners’ Inquests. Whilst his practice covers all business sectors, he has particular expertise representing care providers which includes appeals before the First Tier Tribunal.
In addition to this Daniel also has longstanding experience advising corporate bodies in relation to allegations of complex and serious fraud, money laundering, and bribery and corruption.
Compliance & Regulatory
- Representing a leading construction company and its Managing Director who were investigated on suspicion of corporate manslaughter and breaches of health and safety legislation following a workplace fatality.
- Advising various companies of potential liability under the Bribery Act 2010. This includes reviewing and drafting tailored anti-bribery policies and, where bribery is suspected, advising companies regarding internal investigations, the question of ‘self reporting’, and defending any subsequent criminal investigation.
- Representing a leading hotel chain who were prosecuted by the Local Authority following a rodent and pest outbreak at one of its flagship hotels.
- Representing of one of the Country’s main landowners at several Coroner’s Inquests following the deaths of members of the public on its land and in its waterways.
- Advising a well known betting company regarding potential liability under the money laundering regulations and Proceeds of Crime Act where several hundred thousand Pounds were restrained outside of the jurisdiction.
- Representing the employee of a construction company who was investigated for manslaughter after his colleague was killed in a quarry whilst he was driving a loading shovel.
- Representing a national haulage company who were the subject of an application for a Noise Abatement Notice which, if successful, would have closed their main site in the Midlands.
- Advising various care providers and their employees in both criminal investigations that are carried out by the CQC and, where appropriate, at Coroner’s Inquests.
- Advising one of the Country’s leading LPG suppliers following a gas explosion at one of its customer’s premises.
- Representing a farming and agricultural company who were prosecuted by Trading Standards for failing to dispose of animal carcasses and failing to keep adequate records regarding its livestock.
- Representing a specialist company who were investigated by HMRC for exporting military vehicles abroad without having the appropriate license.
- CPS off the mark after securing the first conviction for ‘failing to prevent bribery’
- The Chevron case and Enforcement Notices – A favourable outcome for corporate bodies?
- Fees for Intervention – relief at last?
- The Policing & Crime Act 2017 – To bail or not to bail?
- Legal Privilege – a diminishing safeguard for Corporate Defendants
- Credit for early guilty pleas – All change for Corporate Defendants?
- Agriculture Newsletter: Spring 2017
- Hare coursing and the Hunting Act 2004
- Corporate Defence Update: February 2017
- Certified member of the Law Society’s Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme
- Law Society
“Thank you for all your assistance with my investigation and the subsequent Court appearance. Thankfully it is all over now and I can’t thank you enough for not only your professionalism but also your continued support throughout.”
“I would like to thank your company for providing an excellent representative. Dan was fully committed from our first telephone conversation and, having dealt with hundreds of Solicitors over the years, I can say that he is a great asset to your company. His Court presence and presentation skills were superb, in particular his ability to file study and his expert interpretation.”
“Thank you so much for your amazing hard work these last 12 months or so. I know you’ve worked tirelessly and I can’t express my appreciation to you enough. You’ve been brilliant.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014