"David Lane has engineered this through for me and I am recording how pleased we all were with his attitude, approach and general good sense all round."
David is a leading member of our Commercial Team with a focus on commercial contract drafting (both B2B and B2C). He works with a number of Freeths’ key clients, helping them to review and manage their commercial and contractual risk.
- Negotiates and drafts bespoke contractual documentation, including manufacturing outsourcing agreements, I.T. procurement projects and logistics arrangements for haulage and warehousing operations.
- Works with clients to develop bespoke contractual agreements and processes to facilitate the continuous review and improvement of supplier performance. This includes the negotiation of schemes for the provision of management information and the monitoring and enforcement of service levels and credits.
- Develops standard suites of contract documentation for a number of Freeths’ key clients – documents which are used to procure billions of pounds of goods and services both in the UK and around the world each year.
- Works with Freeths’ Corporate Department to negotiate the transitional service and supply agreements required to facilitate major mergers and acquisitions.
- Provides training to in-house legal and procurement departments to improve procurement processes and enable them to better manage contractual risk.
- Works with E-Commerce retailers to help develop market-leading transactional websites.
David has also previously spent eight months seconded with the in-house legal team of a major construction materials supplier.
David has spent seven years advising leading members of the Construction Materials industry, including an eight month period seconded with a leading in-house team. In that time he has provided commercial drafting and expertise on a number of the largest mergers and acquisitions within that sector in the UK.
- Drafting and negotiating a suite of eight commercial agreements for a corporate divestment worth over £250,000,000. This included a 24 continuous days of meetings in London to finalise the negotiations.
- Drafting and negotiating a suite of ten commercial agreements for the UK element of a multi-billion pound corporate divestment. This included agreements for the supply and purchase of raw materials and transitional service arrangements covering I.T., insurance and accounting services and international software licences.
- Drafting the suite of over twenty contractual documents required to cover the procurement of all goods and services required by a major supermarket chain. This included the development of a set of guidance notes to enable members of the client’s procurement department to negotiate the documents themselves, improving turnaround times while reducing external legal costs.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for the management of eight-figure marketing budgets. This included provision for TV production and acquisition, radio production and acquisition, out-of-home advertising, digital advertising, SEO, PPC, social media management and monitoring, event management, product packaging development, crisis-management and news monitoring services.
- Redrafting the standard terms and conditions of sale for a multi-billion pound supply company, then helping them to roll them out both to customers and to the front-line sales personnel. This included the provision of guidance notes and the completion of twelve separate training sessions around the country.
David has worked with a number of clients to develop their E-Commerce offerings. He helps them to navigate the various regulatory challenges presented by the sale of goods and services online (such as the cancellation rights afforded to consumers).
Transport & Logistics
David has worked on a wide range of warehousing and logistics agreements. These range from B2B road/rail freight movement to last-mile B2C deliveries.
David has also advised on a number of ancillary agreements relating to the maintenance and support required for such offerings, including fleet tyre monitoring/replacement services, fleet tracking/recovery services and fuel hedging/supply agreements.
- David negotiated the agreements required for the warehousing and logistics operations supporting a major UK retailer’s E-Commerce offering. This included advising on all stages of the tender process, from assessing each of the original bidders for each offering, through to the selection of a short-list, and finally the negotiation of the agreements with each of the preferred bidders.
- Society for Computers and Law
“I have just completed a large shareholders’ agreement with one company and long-running contract agreement with another. David Lane has engineered this through for me and I am recording how pleased we all were with his attitude, approach and general good sense all round. He made himself available at all times, weekends etc. and as such we smoothly reached the end result. He is yet another jolly good Freeths’ chap following on from those above him, no doubt!”
“I am writing to you with the wonderful news that the contract has been approved and signed! Many thanks to you for all the assistance you have provided throughout this process. It’s been a long one but I am glad to say that we have all come out the other side!”
“Many thanks to you for your help and professionalism in getting this deal over the line.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014