David joined Freeths as an Associate in January 2018, having spent the previous seven years at Knight Frank LLP. David is a chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute and advises on a wide range of planning consultancy issues.
Recent projects, cases and deals:
- Saint Gobain / Omnivale Ltd – 590 dwellings, a restaurant / public house (A3/A4), business units (A2/B1/D1) and a convenience store (A1);
- YPG – 7 to 10 storey (474 units) residential proposal in Liverpool and 262 dwellings in North East Lincolnshire;
- Griffen Capital – B2/B8 industrial developments in Milton Keynes and Stratford;
- Chubb – new B1 office headquarters;
- Marcol – 660 dwellings and circa 800,000sq.ft of B2/B8 industrial development;
- Waystone – 3,100 dwellings, circa 3,000,000sq.ft of B2/B8 industrial development and a 120 bed hotel;
- West Midland Pension Fund – 821 dwellings, a petrol filling station, drive-thru, pub/restaurant and 60 bed hotel (allowed at Public Inquiry).
- Preparation and submission of planning applications and the delivery of planning permissions and listed building consents on a variety of projects, including commercial, residential and mixed-use developments, from small to large scale;
- Discharge / removal / variation of planning conditions;
- Leading multi-disciplinary development teams from the initial concept through to the delivery of planning permission;
- Negotiations with planning officers and statutory consultees;
- Attendance at Public Consultation events;
- Presenting at Planning Committee;
- Appeals at a Written Representation, Informal Hearing and Public Inquiry level;
- Planning feasibility and site appraisals, to determine alternative development options;
- Provision of strategic advice and strategies to achieve the most effective route through the planning process;
- Successful promotion of sites towards emerging Development Plan documents;
- Dealing with and providing solutions to complex planning issues;
- Negotiating of the contributions of section 106 agreements.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014