Desh handles a broad range of commercial property transactions, including commercial landlord and tenant matters, investment property, development, lettings of commercial/retail shops/units, freehold and leasehold acquisitions, dealing with hotels, restaurants, public houses and other leisure related businesses and the property aspects of corporate transactions.
Prior to joining the firm in 2011, Desh was at a large regional firm and before that at the London office of the U.S. firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, where Desh was involved in various UK corporate transactions, in particular mergers and acquisitions, for both corporate buyers and sellers.
In the 2017 edition of the Legal 500, Desh was named as a “Next Generation Lawyer” – a new category for unranked lawyers who excel in the material value they bring.
Desh is listed as a Next Generation Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
- Acted on the acquisition of a property portfolio in a deal in excess of £80 million.
- Acted on a £17 million restructure of a boutique hotel group.
- Acted on the refinance of a £10.5 million property portfolio as part of the client’s group restructure.
- Acted on the sale of a freehold site for £5.75 million subject to 20 plus occupational leases in London SW4.
- Acted for a Plc with respect to an existing office building in the City of London which provided a total internal floor area of approximately 47,000 SQ.FT with an initial aggregate rent per annum of £1.9 million.
- Acted on the sale and leaseback of a freehold site subject to occupational leases of industrial and office space in a deal in excess of £4.5 million.
- Acting for a Local Authority managing its office and retail portfolio, with a portfolio value of £15 million.
- Acting on the property portfolio of a major department of the University of Oxford.
- Acting on 1954 Act lease renewals for both landlords and tenants.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014