Drew Mangham-Dewhurst is an Associate in the Freeths Commercial Team and is based in our Nottingham office.
Drew acts for numerous Businesses, Charities and Local Authorities advising on all areas of commercial law. Having worked in the team for five years, Drew has acquired a comprehensive and varied skill set.
- Acting for and advising a public sector owned built environment specialist on the formation of a construction and facilities management joint venture with a local authority.
- Providing advice to six separate authorities in relation to establishing the UK’s first single-asset management company for public sector property – incorporated for the purpose of maximising the value of the estate portfolio.
- Acting for a specialist developer in connection with the incorporation and financing of joint venture companies. This was established for the purpose of acquiring and regenerating target properties in the retail sector.
- Acting and advising professional associations and charities on corporate governance and regulatory issues.
Drew has built up experience acting for numerous local authorities and public bodies in relation to various commercial matters. He has advised on the formation of a number of local authority joint-ventures, “Teckal” companies, the sale and purchase of local authority assets, and general governance and compliance issues.
- Acting for and advising a public sector owned built environment specialist on a number of issues surrounding procurement and regulatory compliance work.
- Acting for six local authorities in connection with the establishment of a joint venture for the outsourcing of building control services. This included advising on services level agreements, transfer agreements, shareholder arrangements and pension implications.
- Assisting with the acquisition of a regional sports centre by a local council and drafting the necessary commercial documentation in connection with the transfer.
Drew provides commercial support to the Freeths Charity team. He provides advice to a range of charities on all commercial related aspects of their operation.
- Drafting of management agreements for a regional charity, relating to the provision of social housing and temporary accommodation.
- Providing advice to a national charity, relating to changes in the law for commercial participator arrangements. This included a review of the charity’s internal processes and the drafting of commercial participator agreements to ensure compliance with new legislation.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014