"Edward's work has been, without fail, responsive, thoughtful, diligent and indeed commercially savvy throughout the process and he was a pleasure to work with."
Edward specialises in commercial property work, with particular emphasis on energy, landlord and tenant matters, acquisitions and disposals and general property management issues.
He has experience acting for a wide range of clients including pension funds, private investors, corporate occupiers and Further and Higher Education Institutions.
- Developers in connection with the real estate aspects relating to the development, refinancing and sale of PV solar panel, wind turbine and battery storage projects.
- Developers and investors in connection with the Real Estate aspects of the acquisition and disposal of both single site and multiple asset portfolios of wind turbines and solar arrays including providing City of London Certificates of Title and reliance wrappers for the benefit of funders and purchasers.
- Local authorities and local authority pension funds in connection with the acquisition and management of their varied property portfolios.
- A national accountancy firm in connection with their acquisition of new leasehold interests in City Centre office premises and the management of their occupation of premises throughout the country including renewal leases and licences.
- A large retail client in connection with the grant of a new lease and the disposal of their existing lease, both in Central London.
- Higher and Further Education institutions in connection with the management of their property holding including the sale and purchase of land, granting and taking leases/ underleases and general management issues.
- Academy Sponsors in connection with the conversion of community schools to Academy status.
Edward acts for Higher and Further Education institutions in connection with acquisitions, disposals, reporting on title, Academy transfers and day to day management issues.
- Acting for Colleges and Universities in connection with all aspects of the management of their property portfolio including as both landlord and tenant in connection with the grant of leases, disposal, acquisition and development of land, carrying out title reviews and producing reports on title and carrying out due diligence for the purpose of mergers.
Energy & waste
Edward acts for developers and investors in connection with the development, acquisition and sale of solar PV schemes (both roof top and ground mounted), wind turbines and battery storages sites.
- Acting on the initial development of sites including title and search investigation and due diligence, taking options for lease and leases, deeds of variation of existing options, advising on ancillary documents including wayleaves, deeds of easement, restoration fund deeds, decommissioning bonds and substation leases, including liaising with landlords, DNOs and third party land owners.
- Acting on refinancing and sales including preparation of City of London Certificates of Title and City of London wrappers for the purpose of reliance by funders and purchasers, remedying title issues including by way of variations and taking out bespoke title insurance, inputting into the real estate aspects of SPAs, disclosure letters and snagging lists.
Edward acts for both Local Authorities and Local Authority Pension Funds in connection with the acquisition, disposal and ongoing management of investment assets in city centre and out of town locations (comprising office, retail units, business parks, shopping centres and warehouses). This includes purchase and sale at auction and by private treaty, lease surrenders, the grant of agreements for lease, leases, licences, wayleaves and rent deposits.
- Advising on the purchase and ongoing management of a shopping centre for a local authority Pension Fund for a value of approximately £80 million, including dealing with due diligence aspects of the purchase and the subsequent grant of leases and ancillary documents.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014