Grace is a Senior Associate in the private client team with 7 year’s experience, during which she has handled numerous complex and high value estates. She deals with the administration of foreign estates both taxable and non-taxable, preparation of wills, lasting powers of attorney and trusts. Grace specialises in capital taxes and estate planning for individuals, in particular those involving businesses and international elements. She has particular experience in assisting clients (including charities) with cross-border planning (both in relation to income and capital taxes) as well as offshore trust taxation issues.
Grace joined the firm in September 2014. She is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and holds the STEP Diploma in Trusts & Estates. Grace has completed the STEP Advanced Certificate in UK Taxation for International Individuals and is currently working towards the STEP Advanced Certificate in Cross-Border Estates.
Throughout her time at Freeths, Grace has been on the committee for the Oxford Women’s Forum which holds a diverse range of networking events for women throughout Oxfordshire.
Probate, Trusts & Administration of Estates
- Advising the trustees of a landed estate on various trust and family issues, including long term planning for the next generation resulting in a reorganisation of the trust.
- Assisting clients with Will & Inheritance Tax Planning where there are diverse family needs to be met and assets in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising upon the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Acting for the Administrator in a charitable estate where the deceased had left a homemade Will, leading to a dispute surrounding the interpretation of the Will. This included an application for a Grant of Letters of Administration ad Colligenda.
- Advising a UK charity on cross-border legacies and assisting with the extracting of a Grant of Probate to a non-UK based executor with a Will prepared in a non-UK jurisdiction.
“May this letter be the opportunity to thank you for all you have done for me, the Will and the Lasting Powers of Attorney. Thank you for being so attentive to my circumstances and for taking me through this somewhat daunting processes with such kindness. You have been a real facilitator.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014