Hayley has experience in a broad range of property related matters. She acts on behalf of brewers, tenanted and managed pub companies, restaurant and hotel operators and Administrators and Receivers of such companies and operators.
With a specialism in the Drinks, Hospitality and Leisure Sector, Hayley focuses predominately on licensed premises. She has expertise in delivering focused commercial advice on regulatory and business services issues on property focused transactions.
Hayley has an impressive range of experience across a wide variety of Real Estate matters. She is used to dealing with both high value and routine matters, together with an array of general Landlord & Tenant and portfolio management work, on behalf of a number of major national brands. Her work has a particular focus on acquisitions and disposals of businesses as going concerns and she frequently advises on issues including licensing, statutory compliance, VAT, Capital Allowances, SDLT, TUPE and staff in residential occupation of premises, stock transfers and inventories.
Hayley has the knowledge and skills to handle both simple and complex instructions swiftly, commercially and cost effectively.
- Acting on a regular basis for a major multi-brand restaurant operator in relation to their site acquisitions and disposals including negotiating conditional sale and purchase agreements contingent on the grant of satisfactory planning, licensing or Landlord consents and dealing with ancillary matters such as licences for alterations, rent deposits, AGAs, pre-emption offers and Landlord and Tenant 1954 Act requirements.
- Acting for a large national hotel operator on all matters relating to site acquisition including drafting and negotiating conditional sale and purchase agreements, ancillary land agreements, s106 Agreements and construction documents.
- Acting on behalf of a variety of corporate operators acquiring new trading pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes and hotels into their existing portfolios, including recently negotiating a number of sale and purchase agreements on behalf of a large pub operating company where advice on complex matters relating to planning, tax, licensing and employment was required to progress the transaction.
- Acting on behalf of Administrators and Receivers in the sale of freehold and leasehold properties as trading and non-trading sites. This included dealing with a variety of insolvency, employment and occupational matters, which arose in the course of the matters and required focused and commercial advice in those areas of law to bring the matters to completion.
Regulatory, Trade & EU Law
As a specialist in the Drinks, Hospitality and Leisure Sector, Hayley frequently advises tenants and operators in relation to a wide range of regulatory matters touching on property based and operational issues. Her knowledge and expertise in the area ensure that her clients are operating lawfully from safe premises.
- Advising Tenants on a variety of statutory compliance matters including asbestos reports, fire reports, Health and Safety reports, fixed wire certificates and gas safe certificates.
- Dealing with licensing transfers and variations as part of transfers of businesses as going concerns on behalf of a number of national brands.
Drinks, Hospitality & Leisure
- Acquisitions and disposals of both freehold and leasehold interests in hotels, bars and restaurants for various national chain operators in high profile locations (including where such acquisition and disposals are conditional on planning and licensing).
- Advising and acting for sellers and buyers on all aspects of business acquisitions and disposals as going concerns, including in relation to VAT, Capital Allowances, Stock, Fixtures and Fittings, Employees and Licensing.
- Acting for an investor on the sale of a pub listed as an Asset of Community Value and general advice on the moratorium period under s95(1) of the Localism Act 2011.
- Acting for a major brewing company on the acquisition of new brewing premises conditional on B1/B2 and B8 planning to include overage payments.
- Acting for Administrators and Receivers on various hotel and pub disposals as sales as going concerns, including advising on various insolvency related aspects of transaction.
- General Landlord and Tenant work including grant of leases, licences, side letters, additional outside space, rent deposits, surrenders, pre-emption offers and 1954 Act advisory work.
- Portfolio reviews of large leasehold estates including a variety of restaurant leases, tied pub leases, airport and leisure park concession agreements and occupational tenancies.
- Negotiating s106 Agreements, deeds of easements, deeds of release and other documents to facilitate the construction of a hotel development on behalf of a large national operator.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014