Ian Wilson is an expert real estate lawyer, highly experienced from his general commercial property work undertaken over a period of 16 years. His expertise includes high value acquisitions and disposals in relation to industrial, retail, leisure and educational clients. He also regularly assists with development work and negotiation of land agreements for site development.
Ian offers Finance and Security instructions for and on behalf of major primary lenders, secondary lenders and pension schemes. He also assists with implementation in relation to corporate and personal insolvency or restructuring matters, on behalf of appointed officials.
Additionally, he has undertaken residential relocation work for over 20 years, including expatriation or repatriation of individuals to and from all parts of the world. He has worked for blue chip clients and appointed senior members of staff throughout England and Wales.
Ian is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2017 Edition).
- Acted in relation to Sanctuary Housing Associations major acquisition in Cheltenham, to implement its proposed exclusive residential retirement complex.
- Dealt on behalf of high value landowners in relation to negotiation and agreement for the development and disposal of land for major residential developments locally to a value in excess of £5.6 million.
- Instructed on behalf of leisure and entertainment company Ensarb Limited, a leading wedding venue host. This involved acquisition instructions on their behalf, in respect of acquisitions of a Grade II listed venue for renovation. He also advised on a former hotel site following demolition from appointed receivers, with regards to associated financing and security arrangements.
- Assisted a high value client in relation to the land acquisitions, in order to accumulate personal landed estate of value in excess of £4.75 million, including assisting on estate management issues.
- Implemented on behalf of RSM Baker Tilly Restructuring and Recovery LLP dealings with trustee bankrupt estate. This included acquisition and disposal and general property management in relation to a considerable property portfolio.
- Instructed on behalf of an American owned corporate client, in relation to negotiation and completion of leases of two units in excess of 70,000 square feet. These were to be extensively refurbished and modernised as their UK head office and distribution centre for a term rental of in excess of £2.6 million.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014