"Jade possesses an unparalleled ability to understand what is important to a business and to tailor an appropriate legal approach that takes this into account. I would not hesitate to utilise Jade’s expertise again as she is always on-hand to deliver quality bespoke advice at short notice."
(Rob Wilmshurst, CEO Vivendi Ticketing, See Tickets & Digitick)
After training at a niche litigation practice, Jade joined the firm in 2014. She works within the Commercial Litigation department and Insolvency Unit in Nottingham, under the supervision of Graham Greenfield (the head of both departments).
Jade acts on behalf of both claimants and defendants in a range of civil matters, including claims of professional negligence and breach of contract. Jade has particular expertise acting in relation to claims arising out of transactions undertaken prior to bankruptcy or liquidation. Jade regularly acts for Insolvency Practitioners and individuals in connection with these matters.
Jade has well-rounded experience dealing with the processes involved with contentious insolvency matters; specifically in advising Insolvency Practitioners concerned with the administration and liquidation of companies.
- Acting for liquidators in connection with claims against directors, arising out of the sale of a company’s assets shortly before entering liquidation.
- Acting for the administrators of a company which provided out of hours healthcare services in connection with various matters arising out of the company’s administration.
- Acting for directors in connection with claims brought by liquidators arising out of a directors’ loan account.
- Acted for one of the UK’s leading care home providers, in connection with an appeal in respect of a chairman’s decision made at a creditors’ meeting.
- Acted for liquidators in connection with claims against a director, pursuant to various provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986 pertaining to sums taken from the company by the director. The matter culminated in a three day trial and resulted in a successful outcome for Jade’s client.
- Acted for a German distiller in connection with an application to remove a liquidator from office.
Professional Negligence Claims
- Acted for a Claimant in connection with a professional negligence claim against accountants. The matter settled at mediation shortly before trial.
- Acted in a $4 million professional negligence claim against solicitors who drafted a share purchase agreement which did not comply with the whitewash procedure under s151 of the Companies Act 1985 and was therefore unenforceable. The dispute proceeded to a four day trial.
- Acted in a £1.2 million professional negligence claim, arising out of a failure to advise on a share acquisition. The claim settled at mediation shortly before a 10 day trial.
- Acting for the Claimants in connection with a professional negligence claim against accountants, with damages claimed in excess of £1 million.
- Acting for Defendants in connection with a multi-million pound claim; arising out of indemnities provided in respect of the sale of a financial services business.
- Acting for an international ticketing services company, in connection with a variety of different contractual disputes.
- Acting for the Defendant in proceedings brought seeking an injunction in respect of third party documents. Jade’s client successfully resisted the injunction.
- Acted for a business owner defending a claim for breach of contract arising out of a business sale agreement. The matter settled shortly after mediation and prior to trial.
- Acted for an international aerospace company in connection with a dispute arising out of a recruitment contract. The matter settled on terms favourable to Jade’s client.
- Acted for a majority shareholder in connection with an injunction seeking return of shares said to be held on trust. The matter was heard before HHJ Purle QC and resulted in a successful outcome for Jade’s client.
- Represented the Claimant in connection with a claim for breach of software licensing and development agreement. The Claimant sought damages of £65 million. The matter concluded by way of 17 day trial – Matchbet Ltd v Openbet Retail Ltd  EWHC 3067 (Ch).
“Jade possesses an unparalleled ability to understand what is important to a business and to tailor an appropriate legal approach that takes this into account. I would not hesitate to utilise Jade’s expertise again as she is always on-hand to deliver quality bespoke advice at short notice.”(Rob Wilmshurst, CEO Vivendi Ticketing, See Tickets & Digitick)
“Conscientious” and “a safe pair of hands.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014