Jake deals with all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law and practice. This includes drafting contracts of employment, including senior manager’s service agreements and related policies. Jake also handles day to day employment issues and disputes in a commercial and sensitive manner, guiding clients though the potential pitfalls of employment legislation. In this way, Jake aims to prevent escalation to more formal procedures or employment tribunal claims. This is often achieved by successful negotiations and concluding conciliated terms with ACAS or a formal Settlement Agreement. Where disputes do occur, Jake can assist clients through the process and has resources within the wider team to provide full representation at an Employment Tribunal or court proceedings.
- Assisted and advised on a complicated equal pay and discrimination claim which concluded in a successful settlement at mediation in the Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Employment Tribunal.
- Assisted the Corporate team with due diligence and TUPE advice for over 500 employees in an acquisition for over £50million.
- Undertaking negotiations both for employers and employees for the exit of employees from the business. Negotiations are concluded and recorded with either an ACAS COT3 settlement or a formal Settlement Agreement.
- Undertaken numerous audits of contracts of employment and related policies and providing advice and drafting assistance to ensure that the client is legally compliant and has the necessary policies to reflect and enforce the manner in which they wish to run their business.
- Provides on-going “help-line” advice to a range of clients in various business sectors nationally.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014