James is a solicitor in our specialist clinical negligence team, dealing with claims against NHS Trusts and private medical professionals. He trained at Freeths and qualified as a solicitor in April 2017. James is a Member of Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and a member of Oxford Medico-Legal Society.
James works on a wide range of claims including orthopaedic claims, consent claims, claims where there has been a delay in the diagnosis of cancer, birth injury claims both to the mother and to the child, stillbirth claims and fatal claims.
He also assists Consultant Paul Balen with a series of product liability claims against the manufacturers of the Sorin 3T heater-cooler machine. The machine has recently been discovered to be the cause of a dangerous infection called Mycobacterium Chimaera. You can also follow our Clinical Negligence blog here.
- A high value cerebral palsy claim.
- A fatal claim against a GP for failure to diagnose community acquired pneumonia.
- A claim where there was a delay in diagnosis of sepsis resulting in a life changing injury.
- A claim where a ureteric injury was caused by negligent surgery during a caesarean section.
- A claim where there was a delay in diagnosis of hypo-pharyngeal cancer.
- A product liability claim regarding the Mycobacterium Chimaera infection caused by defective Sorin 3T heater-cooler machines.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014