"We now have a legal expert we can truly rely on, who gets to the commercial root of the matter, and a firm who we like dealing with as they don't impose their ‘way of doing things’ onto us, but seem to fit into the way we like to work... which this client really appreciates."
(Kevin Griffin, MD Acrobat Carbon Group Limited)
James is Director in the Corporate department of Freeths, specialising in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions work.
This includes advising on MBOs, MBIs and BIMBO, and providing assistance to shareholders and directors of large owner-managed businesses and large corporates. He advises a number of banks and lending institutions on the provision of acquisition finance for transactions, particularly in the Healthcare sector.
James is a corporate lawyer who provides day-to-day advice on commercial contracts and other matters to clients.
James was listed as a Recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 (2017 Edition).
- Advising BGF (Business Growth Fund) on a £1.25m investment into innovative software business, Collision Management Systems. The deal also involved fresh equity investment by members of the management team and other angel investors.
- Acting on the sale of the entire shareholdings in MK Group Security to Securitas Security Services UK Ltd.
- Advising the shareholders on the sale of the entire issued share capital of The Watch Lab Limited to Aurum Holdings Limited.
- Advising the shareholders on the sale of the entire issued share capital of J F Eilbeck (Chemist) Limited to Norchem Limited.
- Advising Metro Supply Chain Group Inc on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Evolution Logistics Group Limited.
“James was in complete control of the acquisition and conveyed a thorough understanding of the business deal. James is a sound professional, who went the extra mile on this deal under sometimes trying circumstances. We would not hesitate in seeking James’ advice for our next transaction in the UK or recommending James to others seeking advice in the UK.”(Marc D’Amour, CFO Metro Supply Chain Group Inc.)
“We now have a legal expert we can truly rely on, who gets to the commercial root of the matter, and a firm who we like dealing with as they don’t impose their ‘way of doing things’ onto us, but seem to fit into the way we like to work… which this client really appreciates.”(Kevin Griffin, MD Acrobat Carbon Group Limited)
“…extremely client-focused… His confident but grounded approach, particularly given his ability to explain key negotiating points in a way that we fully understood, allowed us to make informed and reasoned judgments on the issues that were most important to us. [James has a] calm and measured approach to negotiations [and] determination to ‘lead’ the discussions at all times and propose reasoned solutions to issues.”(Jonathan Barker, The Watch Lab Limited)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014