"...always contactable and gives clear and concise advice."
(The Legal 500, 2019)
James specialises in advising funders and borrowers on banking and debt restructuring transactions. He is regularly involved in complex structured finance and corporate lending transactions, including leveraged buy-outs and general commercial lending.
James acts for many of the major banks and financial institutions in the UK, private equity houses and corporate borrowers.
Banking & Finance
- Advised Clydesdale Bank on the provision of acquisition finance and working capital facilities in support of the management buy-out of Vertik-Al and Ikon Aluminium.
- Advised private equity investor LDC and Away Resorts Limited on the refinance of the Away Resorts business by funds managed by Permira Debt Managers.
- Advised Cambridge & Counties Bank on its refinance of Hagley Road Properties Limited.
- Advised Frontier Development Capital on the provision of mezzanine financing to Badgemaster Group Limited.
- Advised Clydesdale Bank on its refinance of Penso Group.
- Advised SPI Energy on the refinance of its Cairnhill and Thompson solar projects with Santander Bank.
- Advised Finance Birmingham on the provision of mezzanine financing to Hills Numberplates Limited.
“James receives praise from clients for his ‘sensible and pragmatic’ approach.”(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
“…always contactable and gives clear and concise advice.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
James Dyson assists clients with a range of banking matters including structured finance and LBOs. He has additional expertise in asset-based lending. Clients say: “He is incredibly commercial,” adding that “he has his finger on the pulse of the market.”(Chambers & Partners, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014