Jayne specialises in non-contentious construction procurement and has a great breadth of experience, which spans over 15 years, advising a range of clients from PLCs, major national and international retailers, property developers, funders, off-shore trusts, consultants and contractors.
Jayne also has experience in advising business owners on construction matters arising from the acquisition of new premises or their undertaking of extension and refurbishment works to commercial or manufacturing sites.
Work often involves Jayne working closely with commercial property colleagues in critical support work to larger transactions. This may range from advice on key documents such as letters of reliance, to in-depth due diligence, or negotiating suites of construction documentation for complex developments with third party funding arrangements.
Jayne specialises in JCT design and build procurement and has led teams in drafting and negotiating suites of construction procurement documents for a wide range of projects.
In addition to Building Contracts, Jayne regularly advises on wider procurement documentation such as consultant appointments, collateral warranties, bonds, parent company guarantees, sub-contracts and letters of reliance.
- Complex design and build projects for the regeneration of brown field sites for new-build retail and leisure parks, commercial units, student accommodation, and luxury homes with values in the region of £20million to £50million.
- Advising major supermarkets on their new-build stores, refurbishment projects and construction matters relating to site acquisition.
- Acting for commercial property developers on a wide range of sites to achieve regeneration of enterprise zoned sites, new industrial premises and distribution centres.
- Working with commercial property colleagues on complex site re-developments with key tenants under agreements for lease.
- Advising residential house builders on their own procurement contracts and construction security relating to bank and joint venture funding.
- Drafting and advising on sub-contract terms and conditions for contractor clients.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014