Joanna is an intellectual property and media lawyer who advises clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious IP matters. She advises on trade marks, passing off, patents, design and copyright matters, predominantly at the pre-action stage, assisting rights holders and alleged infringers with resolving disputes early.
She assists clients across multiple sectors with assignments and licensing of IP rights and performing IP due diligence during company acquisitions.
Joanna has also extensive experience of reputation-related disputes, including issues of defamation, privacy and data protection.
Intellectual Property & Media
- Assisting with claims involving misuse of private information, defamation and breach of personal data.
- Assisting with a successful trade mark infringement claim at the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
- Trade mark, branding and product clearance advice for a major UK retailer.
- Multiple successful domain name actions at Nominet and WIPO.
- Multiple successful Company Names Tribunal actions.
- Conducting IP due diligence on high value corporate transactions.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014