"The reason we have maintained our on-going relationship for so long is not only because of Karen's legal expertise but additionally her ability to understand our business perfectly."
(Richard Goodwin, Commercial Director, Olympian Homes)
Karen is an experienced construction lawyer specialising in procurement and development work.
Karen’s work includes advising on and negotiating procurement strategies, building, engineering and remediation contracts, development agreements, call-off contracts and framework agreements, consultants’ appointments, bonds, guarantees, and collateral warranties. She advises developers, lenders, investors, borrowers, purchasers, tenants, schools and universities. She can help with mixed-use schemes, residential, commercial, office, health centres, and hotel and sports developments. Karen has worked as a lawyer at Freeths since 2001.
- Advising Universities in relation to the construction and refurbishment of numerous buildings, including academic, sporting and residential.
- Advising consultants on their appointments in the UK and abroad, involving both public and private sectors, with some of the projects running into hundreds of millions of pounds.
- Advising contractors and sub-contractors in respect of building contracts, bonds, parent company guarantees, sub-contracts and warranties.
- Currently advising a developer on a £50 million PRS scheme.
- Currently acting for a developer on a £50 million student accommodation scheme.
- Currently advising a lender in respect of a multi-million pound care home development.
- Recently acted on a £30 million mixed use scheme in Telford.
- Recently acted for a developer on a £25 million hotel development in Manchester.
- Law Society
- Inner Temple
“We at Olympian have been working with Karen for over 15 years and over that time she has helped us unlock a number of increasingly complicated property procurement and administration problems. The reason we have maintained our on-going relationship for so long is not only because of Karen’s legal expertise but additionally her ability to understand our business perfectly in conjunction with her in depth knowledge of the construction process. I can’t recall ever having worked with a legal advisor who is as commercial.”(Richard Goodwin, Commercial Director, Olympian Homes)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014