Katherine, qualified October 2012, is a key member of a highly regarded agricultural property team acting for a range of individuals, business and landed estates in respect of a variety of property matters and transactions.
Katherine has previously broadened her experience and skillset whilst working for one of the country’s leading residential development teams representing a number of the major house builders in the UK.
- Preparing and negotiating various wayleaves and easements for the benefit of private individuals, company and utility companies.
- Dealing with complex Land Registry first registration applications for unregistered land and associated applications including claims for adverse possession.
- Negotiating and drafting conditional and unconditional contracts, options and promotion agreements for the acquisition of sites for residential development with the gross development values of up to £70 million. Such matters involved carrying out expensive investigation in respect of complex title and property searches for each site, preparing detailed and tailored reports for the client’s review highlighting development constraints and attending client’s sign off meetings.
- Advising and negotiating on uplifts in the form of sales and planning overages and the requirement for subsequent deeds of covenant to protect the relevant parties’ interest but ensuring that such arrangements allow for the developers to sell plots free from restriction.
- Advising on the consequence of a development site being subject to an agricultural tenancy, the procedures for obtaining vacant possession and how this procedure can be accommodated for in development agreements.
Farms & Estates
- Acting for farms, landowners and companies in a wide range of property transactions including dealing with freehold and leasehold interests, agricultural land and property, Basic Payment Scheme and the Agri-environmental schemes.
- Advising on a range of Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies, Farm Business tenancies, leases and licences including providing advice on the process to serve notices to quit and applications for succession under the Agricultural Holdings Act.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014