"A very good planner, a very experienced legal mind and good communicator."
(Chambers & Partners)
A highly experienced corporate lawyer, Keith advises on acquisitions, disposals and other corporate transactions – advising purchasers, owners, management teams and funders. He looks after Freeths’ relationship with several large corporate clients. He also advises on high value commercial contracts and strategic ventures. Keith believes in clear communication, working constructively with all parties and advisers and adding value through a proactive approach.
- Advised Carlsberg UK Limited on the acquisition of London Fields Brewery.
- Advised shareholders on the sale of MCR Systems to Jonas Software, part of Toronto listed Constellation Software Inc.
- Advised James Convenience Retail Limited (JCR) on the acquisition of First Stop News Limited, the holding company of Rippleglen Limited.
- Advised Lifetime Brands Inc. on its acquisition of Creative Tops, a leading UK based supplier of tableware, together with its Hong Kong procurement company and its subsequent acquisition of Thomas Plant (Birmingham) Limited, trading as KitchenCraft, a leading supplier of kitchenware.
- Advised a FTSE 100 company on the acquisition of shares and call options.
- Advised the shareholders on the sale of Timbmet Door Solutions Limited, following competition clearance.
- Advised several operators in the waste, recycling and waste-to-energy sectors on multiple acquisitions.
Keith acts for a number of businesses in the food and drink sector. He has recently advised the manufacturer of high profile bakery goods on the sale of one of their businesses to another food company.
He also advises brewing giant Carlsberg on a wide range of corporate and commercial issues, including the acquisition of London Fields Brewery, a craft producer of ales.
“You have been a great adviser and counsel. We greatly appreciate your attention and dedication to our matters.”
“Thanks again for your immense help, we couldn’t have done it without you personally and the contribution of the wider Freeths team.”(Martin Entwistle, Carlsberg UK)
“Keith and his team provided us with first class professionalism and support through our sale process to a successful outcome. He works very hard for his clients, is proactive, tenacious yet affable and always in view of the bigger picture.”(Matthew Gatter, Managing Director, MCR Systems)
“Keith Gilbert acts on a host of corporate transactions, most notably acquisitions and disposals. ‘He is a good, balanced negotiator with an affable style. He works well with both his clients and the opposition.’ according to sources.”
“A very good planner, a very experienced legal mind and good communicator.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Very confident, experienced, very personable and good to work with.”(The Legal 500, 2017)
“very knowledgeable’, ‘articulate’ and ‘approachable’.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014