"Kevin Pinkerton is gaining a good reputation in the market for corporate insolvency matters. Clients praise him for his ability to provide practical solutions and commercial thinking."
(Chambers & Partners)
Kevin specialises in all aspects of restructuring, corporate recovery and insolvency, including contentious and non-contentious work.
He has dealt with numerous court applications and technical matters for Office Holders. He regularly advises company directors as to their legal duties and obligations where their companies are (or may be) insolvent, and in relation to litigation brought against them by Office Holders.
Kevin also specialises in advising directors facing disqualification proceedings and assisting spouses, and relatives of bankrupts who are facing action brought by Trustees in Bankruptcy.
Kevin passed the Joint Insolvency Examination Board exams in December 2007, winning the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association prize for highest placed lawyer nationally.
Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
Kevin advises Insolvency Practitioners, creditors, company directors and individuals. Kevin’s particular focus is on providing advice and assistance to Insolvency Practitioners.
- Advising the board of a group of companies with an annual turnover in excess of £200 million on contingency planning and cash flow issues, and subsequently advising the companies on the appointment of administrators.
- Obtaining an administration order and then acting for the joint administrators in the sale of the business (thus preserving jobs and goodwill) of an events and media company specialising in the aviation industry.
- Advising a Trustee in Bankruptcy in relation to an appointment in a case with multi-million pound assets and creditor claims in excess of £20 million.
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
- Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3)
- Insolvency Practitioners’ Association
“Kevin Pinkerton stands out for his technical expertise, organisational skills and ability to communicate advice clearly.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Kevin Pinkerton is gaining a good reputation in the market for corporate insolvency matters. Clients praise him for his ability to provide practical solutions and commercial thinking.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Kevin Pinkerton is ‘a can-do lawyer who makes deals happen’.”(Legal 500)
“…technically knowledgeable yet commercial.”(Legal 500)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014