Lauren is an experienced property associate who has joined Freeths from a leading Belfast law firm.
Lauren has a wealth of experience across a range of commercial property matters. She regularly acts for developers in relation to site sales and acquisitions, landlords and tenants, and financial institutions.
Lauren also specialises in property finance and project finance for farm businesses.
Lauren has built up a broad range of experience acting for developers in relation to site disposal, acquisition and subsequent plot sales.
- Advising a property developer in relation to complex site acquisition for residential property development. This involved investigation of ownership of a private right of way, preservation of a public right of way, release of a restrictive covenant, and acquisition of an access-way from a landed estate.
- Acting for a property developer in relation to acquisition and disposal of partially finished residential development, which included advising on access issues and road and sewer bonds.
Real Estate Finance
Lauren regularly advises financial institutions, commercial borrowers, project finance and bridging finance providers on all aspects of property securitisation. She has experience in dealing with high value loan transactions across a range of sectors including agriculture, leisure, development and renewable energy.
- Representing a bridging finance provider in the £2 million re-finance of distressed debt involving a large property portfolio with complex title and planning issues.
- Acting for developer in relation to £8 million internal loan restructuring, including drafting and advising on the security structure and bespoke syndicated loan agreement.
- Advising lender in relation to taking security over a partially completed development site, including advice in relation to breaches of planning conditions and potential enforcement risks.
- Advising a property developer in the complex purchase of commercial shop fronts for a mixed use development with a developed value of over £4 million. Lauren also advised on the structure of the mixed use management scheme and contracts, conditional upon the grant of planning permission, agreements for lease and leases for commercial units and residential apartments.
- Acting for the funder of anaerobic digester plants involving lending of over £10 million to farm businesses. Lauren dealt with the drafting of transaction documents, reporting on title to agricultural farmland and advising on planning conditions.
- Advising the purchasers of a large Northern Ireland restaurant chain on the business transfer agreement and property portfolio. Lauren continued to advise the target company post completion in relation to all landlord and tenant and banking work.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014