Leon Arnold is experienced in advising businesses on a wide array of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and shareholder agreements. "He made the process very easy through standing firm on the right issues and letting us make the right decision on certain aspects. He explained everything very well and kept communicating his guidance," reports an impressed interviewee.
(Chambers & Partners, 2019)
Leon is head of Corporate at our Oxford office. He has a wealth of experience in advising businesses on a wide range of corporate matters. These have included mergers and acquisitions, shareholders agreements, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and private equity.
He acts for clients across a range of sectors including technology, manufacturing and consultancy. Leon is highly regarded for his proactive approach and commercially focused advice.
Leon is listed as a Recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
- Advising the shareholders of Variohm Holdings Limited on the sale to Acal Electronics Holdings Limited; a provider of motion, sensor and measurement solutions for businesses across Europe.
- Advising management on the MBO (management buyout) of DTC Telecom, an international telecommunications equipment supplier in England, and ongoing corporate and commercial work.
- Advising the shareholders of Sleek Capital Limited, a fast-growing and popular high street makeup brand, on its sale to Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Advising BioVendor (a Czech company) on its acquisition of Oxford Biosystems Limited. BioVendor operates internationally and has its own research, development and manufacturing capacity.
- Advising the shareholders of Red Engineering Design Limited, specialists in innovative, low energy infrastructure solutions, on the sale to Tractebel Engineering S.A., a Belgian listed company.
- Advising Santova Pty (a South African listed company) on its acquisition of Tradeway Shipping. This was a particularly complex transaction due to its cross-border element.
- Advising the shareholders of a leading uPVC cable management company, and the UK’s largest manufacturer of steel wire cable tray, on the sale of the company to Nasdaq listed acquirer. The transaction was completed in a very short time frame, requiring efficiency and direction from the outset.
- Advising Adestra on its growth capital arrangements with Business Growth Fund.
- Advising Cynergie UK Limited on the sale to outsourcing specialists, Davies Group Limited – a multi-award winning insurance service provider. Cynergie provides outsourced regulatory and complaints management services across highly-regulated sectors including insurance, financial services and utilities.
“I can honestly say there is no other team I would rather have had on our side of the table.”(Team Leader BCMS)
“Thanks to you and your team for the support and guidance…and for helping to ensure we got there.”(L Brook)
“We were impressed by your manner, knowledge, experience and professionalism…our thanks to you and your team for helping to bring this to a successful conclusion.”(I MacGregor)
“Leon Arnold is praised for his ‘strong client-facing skills’ and is described as ‘a tough yet pragmatic negotiator’. He is experienced in aiding private companies in M&A transactional matters, acting for both buyers and sellers in a range of complex and high-value transactions.”(Legal 500 2017)
“Always gives pragmatic advice with the end goal in mind.”(Chambers & Partners 2016)
“Corporate head Leon Arnold is an ‘exceptional lawyer who ticks all the boxes’ and ‘fully understands the client’s business.”(Legal 500 2016)
“Leon Arnold is head of the department. He wins plaudits for his proactivity, with clients noting how ‘he drives transactions very hard on the basis that, with these things, momentum is everything’. He has particular expertise handling disposals.”( Legal 500 2015)
“Oxford head of corporate Leon Arnold is described as ‘extremely tenacious, very commercial and very solutions-oriented.’ Since joining the firm, he has remained active in M&A work.”(Chambers & Partners 2014)
“The highly regarded Leon Arnold, who ‘gets the balance of legal and commercial just right’.”(Legal 500 2014)
“Clear, authoritative, confident and experienced.”(Legal 500 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014