A real estate lawyer, Matt has a broad practice including development, investment, and secured lending work.
He has a focus on landlord and tenant matters and particularly the retail sector, in which he has been operating for the past 7 years. Matt’s clients range from well known high street and supermarket retailers, to international operators entering into the UK market, to major UK banks.
- Acting for Aldi on their acquisition programme in the South East of England. This includes the acquisition of existing retail space and developer-led retail park sites and there have been a significant number of sites secured over the past 3 years.
- Acting for RBS on development finance lending into the London-based residential sector.
- Acting for high street retailers on their UK acquisitions and portfolio management including Pretty Green, Kikki.K, 3INA and others.
- Acting for a leading international pizza delivery operator on its UK acquisitions and management.
- Acting for a London-based, mixed-use developer specialising in commercial and residential schemes including site acquisition and disposals both of individual units to occupiers and complete developments to funds.
- Taken space for various restaurant operators in and around central London including Borough Market, Covent Garden and Notting Hill.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014