"Matthew Bacon has an excellent eye for detail, and is robust in his approach both to negotiations and trial."
(The Legal 500, 2020)
Matthew Bacon is an associate in the firm’s defendant personal injury team, which is highly regarded for its work by the UK’s leading legal directories. He receives instructions from insurers, corporate clients and from individuals.
Matt handles all types of personal injury claims including, road traffic accidents, employers’ liability, public liability, and product liability matters. He specialises in employers’ liability and public liability claims including claims for industrial disease.
Matt handles road traffic accident claims that include issues involving the application of Section 151 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and also claims for credit hire. He also handles Health & Safety Executive prosecutions.
He is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2020 edition).
Defending Personal Injury Claims
- Assisting on a complex multi party EL claim pleaded at over £1 million involving an alleged personality change following exposure to cement dust/ welding fumes.
- Assisting on a complex EL claim pleaded at over £1 million involving an accident at an office party.
- Assisting in an EL claim arising out of an accident at a block of flats where a claimant suffered serious burn injuries whilst working in a mains room.
- Acting in the defence of two claims for occupational asthma which include significant claims for future loss of earnings.
- Claimant discontinuance of a noise induced hearing loss claim prior to proceedings being issued.
- Successful strike out of a noise induced hearing loss claim after the claimant failed to comply with a Court Order.
- Obtaining a full and final settlement in a claim resulting from asbestos exposure where the claimant was seeking provisional damages.
- Advising in relation to the application of Section 151 of the Road Traffic Act and the ability of insurers to seek a recovery where they have had to pay a claim despite cover being withdrawn.
- Acting on behalf of an individual who was prosecuted by the Health & Safety Executive in his capacity as a director following an accident at a scrap yard. We were able to obtain a not guilty verdict after a 2 week hearing.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014