Matthew is a solicitor based in our London office. His experience includes acting on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, business and asset sales, and general corporate advisory matters.
Matthew has advised on domestic and cross-border transactions across a range of sectors including financial services, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, retail, media, technology, manufacturing, and renewable energy.
Examples of Matthew’s recent work are set out below.
- Advised Stamps.com Inc on its $230million acquisition of MetaPack Ltd a leading provider of delivery management technology.
- Advised US investment bank Houlihan Lokey on its acquisition of corporate finance house Quayle Munro.
- Advised on the English law aspects of Houlihan Lokey’s acquisition of BearTooth Advisors an independent alternative investment advisory firm.
- Advised on the £64 million investment by Mayfair Equity Partners into a leading out of home advertising agency.
- Advised on the £603 million sale by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries of its Actavis UK and Ireland generics business.
- Advised on the investment by Risk Capital Partners into a UK/US health sector business.
- Advised on the £425 million acquisition by a UK pensions investor of a global fund manager’s UK infrastructure portfolio.
- Advised on over £50 million of acquisitions for a leading UK forecourt operator.
- Varied advice for a London based family office including the asset sale of a significant manufacturing facility.
- Advised on the acquisition by Capital Stage AG of energy assets from India’s Hindustan Clean Energy.
- Advised management in connection with the acquisition by SGG Group of Cim Global Business in Mauritius, a leading provider of corporate, trust and fund administration services.
- Advised on a joint investment into a prestigious London medical practice.
- Advised on a multi-million pound investment by BP Ventures into a downstream energy focused tech start-up.
- Advised a consumer focused private equity fund on their investment into a UK/US social entertainment business.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014