Michaela specialises in acting for institutional investors and landlords (including local authority pension funds, company pension funds and FTSE100 property companies).
She acts on the acquisition, disposal, financing and management of multi-let properties including mixed use properties, shopping centres and out of town retail parks.
- Acting on acquisitions and disposals of multi-let retail and central London office properties for local authority pension funds managed by household name asset management companies.
- Acquisitions and development funding agreements of out of town retail parks, hotel premises, supermarkets and a large drama studio development for both local authority pension and company pension funds.
- Advising on the sale of large shopping centres in the South.
- Dealing with the re-development of regional shopping centres across the North West.
- Assisting on the re-financing of substantial shopping centres in the North East and the North West.
- Acting on acquisitions and disposals and portfolio management work on shopping centres and multi-let office and industrial premises for utility company pension funds.
- Advising investment funds on various acquisitions and disposals of and portfolio management work on industrial estates throughout England.
Michaela has built up expertise in acquisitions, disposals and portfolio management work. She has worked closely with the primary care and specialist residential care and specialist educational sectors, advising banks, a healthcare REIT and private equity funds.
- Advising a learning disability and autism services provider on various business acquisitions and disposals. This included the disposal of a portfolio of charged special healthcare needs facilities to the UK’s leading provider of independent specialist secure and step down services and a care home acquisition.
- Acting on the funded business acquisitions of special educational needs providers across the country. This included advising on property aspects of share purchase and business purchase agreements and facility agreements; consideration of CQC requirements; dealing with complicated overage and clawback arrangements and commons registration, and access and utility matters.
- Advising a UK Real Estate Investment Trust on the acquisition of health centre sites across England and Wales. This was by way of development agreements, including reporting on title and agreeing forms of pre-let to GPs and other healthcare bodies. She also acted on the funded acquisition of portfolios of built properties.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014